Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problems with nextbook nx008hd8g ***SOLVED***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I received a Next book 8" tablet for Xmas and really wanted to run xbmc on it. Installed frodo 12.3, installed fine, opened fine, but whenever I select anything on the home screen, it either goes black, or anything that does show up on the screen will not activate when touched.

My tablet is
Next book NX008HD8G
Screen Size: 8"
Operating System: Android 4.1
Processor Type: ARM
Processor Model: Cortex A9
Processor Speed: 1.5GHz

By the way' that is a dual core , and I have xbmc running on my galaxy s4 with no issues
.....and just like that, it started working. Well, I don't know what the >>>> was going on, but it suddenly started working properly after reinstalling it about 4 times. It kicks a#$ and this little tablet has a mini HDMI port, so I will be hooking it up to my tv.
I also have that nextbook tablet, but mine will NOT run xbmc! it downloads and installs but as soon as the 1st run is done, it says "unfortunately xbmc has stopped"! I feel like throwing it against the wall! Can you help?
Apologies if there is a thread for this, but it has eluded me thus far. I have a NextBook 8 with windows 8.1 (1GB Ram, 16GB internal storage, HDMI Output etc) on it that I wanted to wipe and install XBMCLive on to it (Smallest form factor with quad core 1.8GHz cpu in that I could find, and IMO running XBMC on top of winsux just seems like a fail to me(It does run the Windows version perfectly, even after the HUGE library update I have (CPU @ around 30% average and 76% RAM used), so it has to perform even better running the Live distro with no "Resource Pig" sitting around in the background)) My question, is would this be possible? Sorry for the maybe "Noob" question, but I haven't dealt with tablets much in the past, but it seemed like the ideal solution to getting something small enough with an HDMI output I can "Velcro" to the back of my flat screen. I understand from what I have found regarding the NextBook on the net is that it can boot into a DVD drive or Flash drive if prompted to do so after pressing the Vol+ and Power button at start up, but I was unsure if this could actually work or not.... Pointless me attempting it and then finding out afterwards I may have scrapped the unit.