Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham manual scan for new content missing/not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gotham 13.0-Beta1 Mar 3, 2014

Confluence skin (same problem in Amber)

1. I used to be able to right click in movie or TV listing and manually scan for new content. Now the scan for new content is missing from movies and doing it from TV does not update the library. The only way to update it is to change XMBC to scan on startup.

2. No Default TV or Movie Service available for subtitles. I used to add subs while playing the movie with the subtitle addon. Now I go to Settings-Videos-Subtitles to add Subscene and Opensubtitle as a source and it just gives me a blank screen. Clicking Get More does nothing.
For 1), go into the lefthand sidebar menu in Amber and look for "update library".

2) try going to Settings -> Add-ons -> Get add-ons -> and bring up the context menu on XBMC.org and select "force refresh".
Thanks.

1. What's the difference between scan for new content and update library? I removed a show from the library to test. Now it won't add it back regardless of 'scan for new content', 'update library', or restart. I even removed the corresponding nfo file.

2. That did the trick. The initial screen is still blank since I have nothing installed. Clicking Get more now brings up a list to install.

3. What happened to clean library under Settings-Video-Clean library? Is it automatic with update library now?
1. Scan for new content looks for new content within the current directory. Update library scans the whole video database.

3. Try changing from basic or standard settings levels, to advanced or expert settings levels. I don't know how to go about this in Amber, but most skins I've tried are left arrow command to change levels.
1. That brings back the original issue in that Movies is missing the context menu option to 'scan for new content'. BTW, in the past, there was no distinction between updating current directory and entire library. No matter where I started update library, it updated everything. Scan for new content is new in Gotham.

3. Thanks again. Clean Library only shows in Settings Level Advanced or Expert. In Confluence, it's at the bottom of the left panel. Cleaning the library didn't help to bring back the missing show. No matter what I do now, it won't scrape it.
"Scan for new content" should only work when you are in Videos -> Files and when it's a TV show (since those have folders), since they are contextual.
It might be just an oversight but scan for new content is only missing from the movies context menu. It is available to all but one folder in Video-Files including the movies folders.

I have my media organized as Movies\Name (year)\ files and TV as TV\Show name\Season\all episodes. The only difference is movies are one per folder whereas TV is multiple episodes per season.
Sorry, let me explain it a little better. "Scan for new content" won't work with individual entries, it will only work with entries that are folders. So it won't work on individual TV episodes or movies, but it will work on file folders and TV shows (which are basically file folders).
(2014-03-07, 00:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, let me explain it a little better. "Scan for new content" won't work with individual entries, it will only work with entries that are folders. So it won't work on individual TV episodes or movies, but it will work on file folders and TV shows (which are basically file folders).

That makes sense since my movies folder are organized by one movie per folder whereas TV folders are multiple episodes per folder.
so is there a resolution to this yet? I think I have the same issue. Update library does not appear to be working but scan new content does, IF I have the tv series selected that has the new episode within it.
This in itself is a bit laborious as it means if I have new episodes for 3 different shows, I need to select each tv show folder in turn, and scan for new content in each folder in order to add all the new episodes..is this normal behavior..will start my own thread if advised to do so..