Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Questions about missing Poster, Fanart, Media info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

-----
Preparation done on a windows P.C. for an Atv (Black).
-----
Basic Confluence skin
-----
I am trying to prepare to Nas ready for xbmc, and as a starting point I am just trying to get the feel for how xbmc works with a small amount of media.
I decided to give 'Tiny Media Manager' a go and it works quite well up to a certain point, It found the Fan Art, & Poster Art, and also filled in details from (I am assuming) imdb.

I then told xbmc where to find the new smb, with a new name which was simply "Movies".... so far so good, Now the only problem I seem to have is that I cannot get up the list from the left hand side, 'View Poster Wrap' ('View Fan Art' (my fav)) 'View Media Info' 'View Media Info 2' 'View Media Info 3' (the wifes fav)...
all I have come up is View: List, View: Big List, View: Thumbnail View:Wide.

Folder structure is this,
Movies\example (1999)\Title (1999).avi

I'm probably missing something really obvious, and was hoping someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, either the software I am using or the way I have xbmc setup.
Also Subtitles is a must have, but is there a good way to test subs without having to use xbmc, as I see that 'Tiny Media Manager' Does not scrape for them.

and one last thing, I know how to get addons to appear as shortcuts below, Video, Music, Picture, But.... How would one go about putting a shortcut for a Smb share as a short cut, because I have tried and there is nothing listed for Smb, or to even search for Smb. Or is this something that is simply not possible. It would be so much neater rather than having to go through file\ blah\ blah\.... okay for me, but its a no go for the wife.

Any comments, help, guidance, would be extremely welcome...
thanks chaps...
sadsack007
make sure meta-data is turned on....and i find in icefilms add-on enable tv covers and fanart then just download the files required when you start the icefilms add-on up...may take a while but will solve all missing fan art etc
Out of curiosity, where exactly would you look for said covers & Fanart?....... If you yourself use IceFilms?