Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: View offline cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

sometimes I would like to see which movies or episodes I have available to watch at home while I'm outside with my friends or at work, so I can plan what I can watch next, or invite my friends so watch a movie I have on my machine.
Since the Database is already cached on the iPad/iPhone, I think this could be a nice feature which should be relatively easy to code.
@ joethefox: please add this feature. Countless times I go through the imdb app to decide what movie to watch. If their was a offline cache it would be wonderful. Only negative I can see is the space multiplying due to 100s of movies. Maybe if it can use apple's iCloud or any variations of dropbox, microsoft's one drive outlook account. Any number of backing up options really..

Thank you
Hi,

yeah I will consider about implementing this but what it's cached right now are partial data to speed up the library access, for example at the moment the details of all items aren't stored. But should not be hard to implement, perhaps it will require some time.
Hi guys,

first of all: it's a great app!
But theres one feature missing I would enjoy to use: offline library.
That means you should be able to scroll through your library even your WLAN is disabled or your media pc is not running...
At this time you can't access to your device when you can't connect to it...

Maybe you think about this feature...

and sorry for my english Wink
Hi michaaaaa,
thank you!

I've merged your feature request thread with an old thread with the same request, so we can keep the updates on this path in one place.
Hey,
any update/plans on this feature? Thanks Smile