Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Full SBS and half SBS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I primarily use DVD Fab to rip my movies and in 3D I see there are options for half SBS and full SBS? Is there a quality difference and does full SBS play on a 1080p 3D TV?
Quote:From XBMC 13.0 supports a number of passive 3D movie formats encoded in SBS, TAB, anaglyph or interlaced.
Note hardware acceleration is not provided for FullSBS/TAB movies, meaning users will need high-powered multi-core CPUs to render them effectively

I just added that from a blog post to wiki in 3D (wiki) Shameful there isn't a shred of documentation and one has to go fish for it, but its out there somewhere. Feel free to improve that wiki page, since at least you actually using it.

Look around yourself I found a few posts like http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147285
I asked because I finally got xbmc to do 3d and the UI in 3d but it is showing 2 squashed versions of the movie side by side and in 3d. Very weird. In Frodo, it would just show the SBS and the tv would detect it as 3d and show it properly. I can't figure out now that I have it working why it is showing the movie in 3d side by side, unless it's a bug.
If it is a bug you're thin on documentation, like screenshots of the problem, debug logs (wiki) screenshots of your settings. Which I would have expected from the get go and a fellow user like yourself Wink
I requested login info so I could edit the wiki and contribute to it. I think I can add some meaningful information that might help other users like me. Thanks!
Yea, It looks grim the 3D stuff is all over the place, I tried looking up a few things (mainly threads with da-anda etc)because of your posts and its really all over the place, I even looked up the 3D prs at github but its hard to know what info is helpful.

Screenshots about settings and what not are even harder, tbh I odnt have 3D tv so while I can get screenshots of xbmc settings, I have no idea what is what when it comes to setup. Ill snap some and upload them so you can use or not. Il leave it in this thread. Is that ok?

BTW you can take screenshots with printscreen key on the keyboard so you get better quality shots that over the phone or tablet Wink