Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to find version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but this is very frustrating. How can I determine what version of xbmc I have installed? I can't find it anywhere in the menus, and I can't find any tips through Google. xbmc --version doesn't work. I'm using xbmcuntu based on 12.04 LTS.

BTW I'm using the Confluence layout if that matters.
Start XBMC, go to System -> System Info. It's in big blue lettering above the CPU utilisation.

EDIT

You seem to be using the command line, so you can also use sudo apt-cache policy xbmc since you're on a 'buntu platform.
Or read the log file, first or second line.
(2014-03-07, 23:23)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Start XBMC, go to System -> System Info. It's in big blue lettering above the CPU utilisation.

EDIT

You seem to be using the command line, so you can also use sudo apt-cache policy xbmc since you're on a 'buntu platform.

I don't have anything called 'System Info' under system. I do have System->System, but when I go there I just see 'Video output', 'Audio Output', 'Input devices', 'internet access', 'power saving', 'debugging', and 'master lock'... There's nothing showing CPU usage.

The apt-cache policy says something about Frodo, so I guess I'm running 12.3...

xbmc:
Installed: 2:12.3~git20131213.0944-frodo-0precise
Candidate: 2:12.3~git20131213.0944-frodo-0precise
Version table:
*** 2:12.3~git20131213.0944-frodo-0precise 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
2:11.0~git20120423.cd20772-1 0
500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64 Packages

I'd prefer to get the version through the menus, but this will do for now. Thanks!
When you go to System, the System Info option is below it as a submenu - so don't go into System itself, cursor down and go into the submenu (System -> Settings, File Manager, Profiles, System Info).

And yes, you're on Frodo. You're on the release PPA, so you'll get Gotham when it's released.