Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Every build of v13 i have tried the menu goes crazy by itself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Windows 8.1. I have tried a few nightly builds and monthly builds. I just assumed it was a bizarre bug. I've just installed the beta and the same thing. The menu moves all by itself really fast as if there is a stuck key or something. 12 and 12.3 work just fine. any thoughts?
I'm guessing phantom joystick input due to accelerometers. I thought it was fixed, but I guess not.

I can tell you how to fix it, but first, could you get us a debug log (wiki) of when it does happen? That will help us make things work better by default.

For how to fix it:

In v12 go to XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> and disable the joystick input option.

You should now be able to update to any v13-based build and not have the phantom inputs.
And if you can't get into the menu because the UI is locked up, exit or kill XBMC and find guisettings.xml in your xbmc userdata. Open in text editor and search on "joystick". You should find a line like this:

Code:
<enablejoystick>true</enablejoystick>

edit "true" to "false" save and restart XBMC.