Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extra keypress when using RF remote.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I have a vauge idea of what is wrong, but I can't seem to find the solution I had found before. Currently what happens is after using it, about .75 seconds after the last keypress, they last button is done again. I had remove lirc, and done a bunch of stuff, so many steps that I don't remember what all I did in an attempt to resolve this issue. Eventually I did, however I needed to run this at startup:
/usr/bin/ir-keytable -c -p RC-6 -w /root/rc6_mce -D 250
I kept the rc6_mce file in root to prevent it from being overwritten. I changed only a couple things, however this worked. Yesterday I removed my USB hub, rebooted, and now its doing it again. I don't recall updating, so I updated just to see what would update, I didn't see the kernel update int he list.

I'm not sure if I'm better off switching over to lirc (or even if I can, how I can) or what is causing this. I know its something about a user space vs kernel implementation. Any clues/hints/ways to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated. I've been googling and trying different things for a few hours now but they mostly all seem to be about doing this, or a variation of which simply disables my remote:
echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

when I watch ir-keytable -t, I can see what I'm pressing and then that extra one.

This is the remote that I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S69...UTF8&psc=1 I don't think its model specific as I've gone through about 3 or 4 rf remotes now.

Thank you for your time and suggestions. I'm just so confused on the best way to go. Any info/log/etc that you need just let me know.