Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Beta XBMCuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did an update from Frodo 12.3 to Gothom 13.0 Beta.. For a while the sound was okay and nothing was unusual. Then I played a movie that used PCM using HDMI and noticed all the channels were mixed up. So I went into the Audio settings and saw that there was only 1 option to choose from. As soon as I went into this screen I lost all sound. After looking around I found out that the pulseaudo settings wern't correct and it changed the settings to play through only the analouge headphone jack. I had to ask pulse what other cards it detected and then add them to the pulse configuration. I then had to change the settings to say how many speakers were configured on the system. and reslart pulseaudio.

Looks like XBMC isn't able to enumerate pulseaudio correctly. Unfortuanatly it stopps working every now and then and you have to restart pulse audio "pulsaudio -k"

Code:
1) Set channels for the daemon
To set the default channels (5.1.) for the pulseaudio daemon we can edit /etc/pulse/daemon.conf as root and edit the following lines to

default-sample-channels = 6
enable-lfe-remixing = yes

Code:
2) Set a default card profile
Alternatively we may also define a default sound card profile in /etc/pulse/default.pa (or if defined for a user session only in ~/.pulse/default.pa).

set-card-profile <index> <name>
where we need to give the <index> of the sound card (e.g. 0) and the <name>(e.g. "Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI)") of the profile we want as default. Possible values are listed with the following command

pacmd list-sinks

Then use "pulseaudio -k" to restart pulseaudio
Noticed after the end of every movie and I go to watch another file.. I have to restart pulseaudio again
PulseAudio (wiki)
(2014-03-09, 08:13)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]PulseAudio (wiki)

None of those options appear in XBMCuntu... when you upgrade from the PPA.. Initially the sound starts... but then when you load a TV show o Movie.. that seems to have a different sound stream type... you have to reset pulseaudio to hear the sound.