Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video defaults don't stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i noticed in the 3-16-06 t3ch release that when you change a setting in the dvd player and then set it as the default, it doesn't stick.  for example:

enable subtitles is selectedby default.  if i unselect it and then tell it to use current settings as defualt, it deosn't stay disabled.  the next movie i play will have subtitles turned on and i will have to go in and turn them off again.

edit: i made an error above. this problem is in the 3/12/06 t3ch release. i will try the 3-16 release tonight and see if the problem persists.

i just tried the 3-16-2006 t3ch build and the problem persists.
just tried the 3-20-2006 t3ch build and the problem is still there. can anyone else confirm this?
yes this happened to me with these new builds. not sure about the video settings, but when i disabled subtitles in audio setting and then went to the second page and clicked save changes it does not work, when i start a new video the subtitles are always back on.

tim
it'd be helpful if you could make a list of which settings do not apply, and also whether the setting doesn't apply just to the dvdplayer or whether the setting also doesn't apply to mplayer.

additionally, does it save it for the one movie you have altered?
no, the dvd i changed to disable subtitles will display subtitles again when i start it. it does however save changes for the other setting in the audio menu i pulled up while streaming a dvd from my nas unit to my xbox.

tim
so far i've only cheked the audio and subtitles settings, and they all seem to stick except for enable subtitles.  it doesn't remember the setting for the same movie or any other movie.  also, it is enabled by default in all recent builds.  i would think that subtitles should be disabled by default.

edit: i meant to say that i tried this using the 3-23-2006 t3ch build.

i just noticed that the subtitle problem is even worse in the latest t3ch build. now, if you disable subtitles and return to watching the movie, they will turn back on all by themselves in a couple minutes. before they would stay disabled until you started another movie. this is very weird and annoying as i just watched a relatively short movie and the subtitles turned themselves back on about 15 times.

:help:
the same problem is noted here: subtitles re-enabling themselves