Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RK3188 - 1080p playback issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've only had my RK3188 android tv box for a week or so now and I'm still trying to get to grips with it, so apologies if my knowledge of the device and XBMC is lacking.

When trying to play HD videos with 5.1 DTS sound, the playback is stuttering badly and the sound buzzes through both my soundbar and my tv speakers (Agora LCD tv / Bush soundbar). I've tried altering the audio settings to analog 2.0 or 2.1, as suggested by other posts on here and although the picture is smoother I get no sound at all.

Is the RK3188 capable of handling 1080p videos with 5.1 DTS and if so, can anyone please advise what I need to change in the settings to get this to work? I'm able to play 1080p videos with 5.1 DTS that I've downloaded to my hard drive, so I know my tv and soundbar are able to handle them (albeit in 2.1 audio).

Once again, apologies if my explanation isn't detailed enough or if this has been answered elsewhere on the forums (I did search before posting).