Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: More Ouya Issues vs XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a bunch of random issues I can't seem to figure out. I don't know if it's an Ouya thing or XBMC thing.
I'm using SBMC. XBMC has an AC3 audio issue. I am using Western Digital NTFS, USB 3.0 external hard drives, 2TB.
Both drives are fine on my laptop. SBMC is installed internally and runs via Autopilot.
* I have a hard drive the plays my movie files flawlessly. I have another that has TV shows on it, which lag and freeze and restart the Ouya.
It seems if I put the same files on the MOVIE hard drive, they will play. I got yet a 3rd drive, that also will freeze the same TV shows...but again, not on the Movie one. All the settings for the drives seem the same.
* SBMC likes to randomly reset to default. All the setting and skin blank out. Setting backup does nothing, because it's on Android :|
*Also, the Ouya will blank out my TV screen if I touch it while it is on. I don't know if it's static or something, but I've never experienced this with any other device.

I had a Boxee, it played everything. This Android box is a mess. I thought about a GBOX or Cubox-i to replace it, but I see mixed reviews. I literally, just need something that plays XBMC for general files. Also, I hate having to swap 2 hard drives to watch anything on my Ouya.

Can anyone help with anything above? It's driving me nuts!
Sideload the XBMC Gotham beta (wiki). Plays AC3 just fine and has a ton of new fixes that are not in SPMC.
My Ouya is working great now that I factory reseted it, and just installed latest XBMC gotham beta (through filepwn) and set the ouya to boot straight to XBMC (with autopilot). Don't root, dont change the launcher, dont add games or any other apps and it works great.
I'll keep mine that way but you can try that and try install more thng if everything is fine from there.
Plays the video for a bit, then it stutters...freezes...reboots Ouya to the start. Gotham is the same as SPMC in this aspect.

Ideas? Again, if I put the files on 1 hard drive, they work fine. I have 2 others that freeze. All 3 are identical. All are new. All Western Digital 2TB passports.

Also, no quick link in OUYA for Gotham and no Aeon Nox? Sad
Just tried a bunch of other files on the main hard drive. All perfect. All others = frozen. Is there some formatting options I should check?
Run MediaInfo (wiki) on one of the problematic video files and tell us what it says.
It's ALL the video files. My main hard drive (same as the issue ones) works great. I just played vids for an hour. Xfer the same vid back...freeze mode. Same HDs. All new. Purchased at the same time. It HAS to be the HDs or something. I've hit every XBMC setting. Just seems odd. They all play on my PC no matter what drive I use. Just not on the Ouya.

I'd gladly take a replacement to the Ouya if I can find something more stable that has 2 USB ports! I'd jump at that immediately.

Also, what is the difference in Gotham? Is it just codec adds/fixes? Cosmetically, it looks the same.
I haven't seen such an issue with the majority of HD videos that I play on my OUYA, so I'm not sure what to say.

As far as what is different, see: http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-0-gotham-beta1-rises/

Basically, a year's worth of improvements, bug fixes, and more.
Is anyone else having an issue getting audio pass through working with the Ouya on Gotham beta1? I tried with all 3 options (fixed, optimized, best match) but my receiver is only getting 2 channels. I verified the same video passes through 5.1 when I ran it on gotham beta1 in windows.
Yeah, SPMC plays my movies all in Dolby digital (ac3 and aac files) but gotham only plays them in PCM. It switches to PCM as soon as the Gotham beta starts and will never get out of it. SPMC will switch per video.

I also have a PC with XBMC and it will only play ac3 videos with Dolby digital and not aac. The stable 12.3 plays aac in Dolby so hopefully better audio encoding is just something we will have to wait for.
SPMC has an ouya specific hack which allows multi-channel PCM (not passthrough) in very specific conditions.

Not something that can be included in XBMC master...
(2014-03-13, 09:36)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]SPMC has an ouya specific hack which allows multi-channel PCM (not passthrough) in very specific conditions.

Wait, Android doesn't even do PCM without hacks? Or is this just a weird OUYA thing?
(2014-03-13, 10:54)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-13, 09:36)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]SPMC has an ouya specific hack which allows multi-channel PCM (not passthrough) in very specific conditions.

Wait, Android doesn't even do PCM without hacks? Or is this just a weird OUYA thing?
Well, Android has provision for multi-channel PCM over HDMI, it's just that no box I've seen that far has implemented it correctly (if at all), so it's not something we can rely on in XBMC.
So, actually, SPMC implements it as it should, but it wouldn't work anywhere but on Ouya, and then again, with the right conditions (stock launcher + autoboot).
@Koying

Do you plan to implement the SPMC changes in a Gotham version (when Gotham will be officialy released for example) ?
This is infuriating. Every device I plug in freezes and lags. My main one, perfectly. It's nuts. I kinda just want a different box now. 1 usb isn't helping me either. My old boxee played everything fine.
I thought about a NAS, but I'm not fully sure how. I want 1 plugged in(in case of wifi issues) but has network connection via wifi, and another somewhere else in the house for backup. Is this possible? I heard you have to plug everything into a router to do that. The WD clouds seemed ok.

Suggestions on any of the above would be amazing!
Pages: 1 2 3