Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: More Ouya Issues vs XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I heard the WiFi on the Ouya is a bit wonky. I'm new to NAS.
What if my WiFi is down? Can I just plug in? I've had times where too many people are on my network, and I don't want video freezing.
I was going to get 2x WD 4TB clouds. ...this is what I would use, right?
Correct me if I'm wrong here...

* CAN I plug my cloud drive into a PC to transfer files to it or MUST I have a wifi connection? There is only 1 USB port for "expanding" the drive.
* IS it possible to have 2 clouds drives running? I just don't want both in the same place in case everything blows in one spot. I'd like to have dual backups at the same time without having to plug anything in to a PC. This includes movies and files from either the PC or android phone.
* DO I need to have each NAS plugged into the router?

Any help would be much appreciated. This is all taking so much of my time to figure out, and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
You should use Ethernet when ever playing network movies. And it should be connected to your router. Wifi wont work, especially on the ouya.

You can have as many network attached storage systems as you have Ethernet ports in your switch, and then you can get another switch. You can back up your data a million different ways. I dont really get that question.

If you want to use something, it should probably be plugged in.
Soooo.... I have my modem in a different room than my TV. Since it's cable, I can probably just put the modem where my TV plugs in and split it.

Move the Modem to the TV. Plug the NAS drive into the modem (has 4 ports). Plug the Ouya into the modem too to access the network?

Then... I'd have to plug the 2nd drive into the Modem too in order to have a backup.

It seems like it should be simpler than that.
(2014-03-12, 02:55)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Plays the video for a bit, then it stutters...freezes...reboots Ouya to the start. Gotham is the same as SPMC in this aspect.

Ideas? Again, if I put the files on 1 hard drive, they work fine. I have 2 others that freeze. All 3 are identical. All are new. All Western Digital 2TB passports.

Also, no quick link in OUYA for Gotham and no Aeon Nox? Sad

generally wd passports models are 2.5 inch non external powered drives. Yes/No?

Now off a computer with 350-500w psu and dedicated powered usb ports I would run 3x 2.5 inch drives. But off a powered hub? It's gonna have to be a pretty dam good quality hub to run 3 or more and trust your data. Perhaps something to google up before buying. External 3.5 inch np, but multiple 2.5 inch? even new quality tv's offer a dedicated 1 amp usb port for 2.5 inch external or for charging

They would easily draw each port's max of +.5 amps especially at spin up where mechanical 2.5" draw around .75amps. 2tb passport would argueably be one of the biggest power draw of all 2.5" being 2 tb plus their also, I believe, 11mm vs 9. Again it doesn't always draw .75amp it will lean down to just under .5amps but at spinup it draws the most power.

The ouya adapter of mine states 1.5 amps, so no way, maybe one 2.5" nothing else plugged in since the ouya has a little fan and the chipset is gonna pull 1amp atleast. I wouldn't be surprised if it caused reboots.

So try looking at your powered hub. Especially look at its ac adapter. Report the total amps it supplies. I have a couple 4-7 ports that run 1.5 and 2.0 amp ac adapters, another 10 port that runs a 3.5 amp ac/adapter. Your running atleast 3 x 2tb 2.5 inch passports. So lets say 5 amps running but more importantly, that its around .75amps at spinup. So thats 3x.75amps= 2.25 amps drawing@ peak spinup and then if you factor in anything else you got plugged in. Plus the actual quality of the hub and ac adapter(the first one I bought off ebay smoked and some ports I couldn't read a flash drive off,buyer be wary).

Its funny my 7 port external powered usb hub said in its little manual. Please use port 1 and 2 nearest to ac port for non-powered external 2.5 inch hard drives? I don't know if that applies to all powered hubs?

I wonder if anyone has tried 3x 3.5 inch external drives to compare experience?
$40 powered hub. 1 device. Freezes.
1 wd passport plays literally everything without stutter.
The other 3 don't. Direct plug or hub = notta.

Attached to a laptop = fine. Ouya= nothing. They run, scan, load...but play 5m and die.

Is there just a better box? I figured NAS, but it seems beyond me at this point.
I'll bump this one last time in case anyone has anybody has any possible clue what could be happening here.
I'm tempted to buy several other boxes just to see what will actually work. My Ouya just seems to freeze on everything except 1 box. I was hoping maybe it was a formatting/setting issue, but they're all the same.

Dang!
Simeone have issues with live tv? I can see all stream without problem but when I try to play iptv channels freeze after few seconds (usually 9). This happen only on ouya and not on windows.
Pages: 1 2 3