Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Modifying MySQL shared Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My setup consists of several different devices:

Xubuntu "Media Server" (60GB OS, 3TB for media) sharing over SMB & NFS
Raspberry Pi (OpenELEC - xbmc 12.2)
Apple TV 1 (Crystalbuntu - xbmc 12.2)
Windows 7 Desktop (xbmc 12.2)
--> On the same desktop --> Xubuntu VM (xbmc 12.2)

I have MySQL 5.5 running on the Xubuntu box, and have setup a shared video library. I scanned in all my media initially from Windows 7's xbmc (because it was the fasted computer to scan with), mounting the media over SMB. At the time, all of my devices were connecting over SMB, so I didn't give it much thought. About a month later, I got NFS working, added the media share via NFS on the Apple TV 1 and RasPi, and noticed a decent difference (for the better!) in performance.

As far as I can tell, both the Apple TV and RasPi are accessing the media in the shared video library over SMB, cause that was how everything was scanned in. I would like that library to be accessed over NFS instead.

I would like recommendations for the best way to get this done. I'm not attached to this library (and have backed it up), so I am not opposed to clearing or deleting it. I plan on re-scanning all of my media with the Xubuntu VM (over NFS).

I'm pretty computer savvy, but I have not done a lot with MySQL stuff besides the initial setup. I'm sure I'll end up having to redo all this again when xbmc 13 goes stable, so I'd like to learn the ins and outs of this now. Someone specific instructions (or links) would be really helpful. I've been digging around, but I haven't come across a post that matched this situation.

Thanks,
I should also note that the Windows 7 box with xbmc (and the Xubuntu VM) are just for testing purposes, and that the Apple TV 1 and RasPi are my primary players. Thus, the want for NFS.
I'd re-export the library (updates watched status, any changed info, etc), drop the databases, then scan fresh, similar to how we recommend someone do the initial MySQL setup from a local library.
(2014-03-11, 09:50)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I'd re-export the library (updates watched status, any changed info, etc), drop the databases, then scan fresh, similar to how we recommend someone do the initial MySQL setup from a local library.

Awesome, thank you. Hopefully last needy question, do you have a link to instructions on deleting the databases? Is this something I'm doing within XBMC, or in MySQL?
I think you can use the MySQL command line tool and use the "SHOW DATABASES" command to see what databases you have, then use "DROP DATABASE name" to delete the database.