Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My Videos button displays black scrren
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
all the main menu buttons works fine except "my videos" after updating the skin.  slecting my videos from main menu displays a black screen and i have to push menu to get back the the main.  help!
i've looked in the faqs, the manual, and did a search on these forums, but i'm having the same problem, and can't figure out what's going on. "my pictures" and "my music" both come up with the list of folders, options, etc. but "my videos" just gives me a blank screen. i'm using xbmc.cvs.09-mar-2006.[-forum-auto-response- team-xbmc do not recommend using ekb-builds]. any tips, folks? thanks!
fwiw, i dloaded the most recent non e-k-b build off the mirror, erased the existing install and saves, and i'm getting the same problem.
where are the debug logs?

how about trying to give us some information we can work with - just saying "it doesn't work" isn't very helpful.

info in my sig.
this is what i pulled from the log:

query: create table version (idversion float)
19-03-2006 21:33:21 error exception in capplication::framemove()
19-03-2006 21:33:22 notice attempting to update the database myvideos31.db from version 0.00 to 1.80
19-03-2006 21:33:22 info creating versions table
19-03-2006 21:33:22 error sqlite: sql error or missing database
1. delete your myvideo31.db (it's in the albums folder)

2. is your harddisk locked by any chance?

3. when i ask for a log, post the whole log - not just the bit you feel is relavent. paste it to pastebin.com and link to it from here.
gadgetd, check out these threads:

my topic: error sqlite: some kind of disk i/o error occurred, database-files do not work

sqlite database problem with locked harddrive

sourceforge bug tracker: [ 1253567 ] sql database not created if harddrive is locked

i took a look at my log file, and i'm having the same issue. locked hdd with a softmod. i'm hoping a fix is currently being looked into, and that it hasn't dropped off the radar. i really don't want to put in a modchip or do a tsop flash.

this issue will not be fixed until someone provides either:

1. a harddisk that exhibits the issue.
2. the model number of a harddisk that exhibits the issue, and some cash to purchase one.

to one (or more) of the development team.

please pm me if you wish to donate.

cheers,
jonathan
(jmarshall @ mar. 22 2006,06:33 Wrote:1. a harddisk that exhibits the issue.
2. the model number of a harddisk that exhibits the issue, and some cash to purchase one.
is this is a model-specific issue for certain? this is a three or four year old 80gb maxtor hdd. if i can find another drive to stick in the xbox, maybe i'll the send the 80gb to you. but i have my doubts that it's drive specific. are there systems with current builds using a softmod and locked drive which have been successful?
it is drive specific. it does not occur on stock xbox harddisks for instance, not does it occur on any harddisk the developers have.

cheers,
jonathan
is there nothing at all that can be done about this, outside of sending you a hd/money?

i downloaded xbmc for the first time yesterday, and have run into this same problem (with the same error message). i believe i also have an older 80gb maxtor hd.

i have a mod chip in my xbox, and i'm fairly certain my hd is unlocked. i'm not 100% sure, but i believe i was actually able to get into the "my videos" section once, when i first installed xbmc (before any configuration) - though, i could be wrong.

i would be willing to help obtain information needed from the hd, if possible...
hi,

i have been using xbmc for several years now without any trouble. have an 1.2 xbox and a chameleon modchip. harddisk is unlocked, and since a few months i keep on trying the new t3ch builds to see if the my videos blackscreen is fixed. just now i discovered this thread here, and probably you and me are one of the few where this occurs.

i'll try and post a logfile as soon as i am at my xbox. the problem does not occur when i set up a clean install of xbmc, for the videos db file in the albums folder does not exist yet. when i go to my vids a second time, i get the black screen too. i've read through the other threads and tried a lot of things, including (but not limited toSmile

- locking or unlocking my hd (which is a 40 gb maxtor)
- using a db file from a previous working version of xbmc
- standing on my head and imitating a cow

alas, no luck. i do wish to be able to use 2.0 with the mc360 skin though, and i am planning on using the mythtv script to schedule tv recordings with xbmc, so i really hope this can be looked into without us having to send a harddisk. if sending a picture of me standing on my head and imitating a cow helps, let me know.

cheers,

quek
(quek @ mar. 24 2006,19:26 Wrote:hi,

i have been using xbmc for several years now without any trouble. have an 1.2 xbox and a chameleon modchip. harddisk is unlocked, and since a few months i keep on trying the new t3ch builds to see if the my videos blackscreen is fixed. just now i discovered this thread here, and probably you and me are one of the few where this occurs.

i'll try and post a logfile as soon as i am at my xbox. the problem does not occur when i set up a clean install of xbmc, for the videos db file in the albums folder does not exist yet. when i go to my vids a second time, i get the black screen too. i've read through the other threads and tried a lot of things, including (but not limited toSmile

- locking or unlocking my hd (which is a 40 gb maxtor)
- using a db file from a previous working version of xbmc
- standing on my head and imitating a cow

alas, no luck. i do wish to be able to use 2.0 with the mc360 skin though, and i am planning on using the mythtv script to schedule tv recordings with xbmc, so i really hope this can be looked into without us having to send a harddisk. if sending a picture of me standing on my head and imitating a cow helps, let me know.

cheers,

quek
you failed to provide a debug log. your problem may be different if you are claiming your hd is unlocked.

ts
here is my full debug log (as least what i believe to be the debug log - xbmc.log).

debug log

afaik, my hd is unlocked. i can verify that, if someone can remind me how... Smile
try looking on xbox-scene.com for tutorials on that.

ts
Pages: 1 2