Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choppy video after Gotham upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I upgraded from 12.3 to the Gotham beta last night - prior to the upgrade, video from my local server was flawless. Ever since the upgrade, any video files are choppy to the point of being unusable - if I fast forward 5-10min in a file after that, then sometimes the video starts running fast. The audio from any video file is synced to the video (ie fast/slow). Music from the server, however, is fine.

Any ideas on what might be wrong? Some kind of missing dependency?

My system is as follows:
i3, 8GB RAM, XBMCbuntu installed on a SSD. I don't have a discrete GPU, but that's never been a problem previously.

It is networked on a 100Mbit LAN using Cat5 and streaming audio and video from a CentOS server.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I tried making changes to advancedsettings.xml - increasing the cachemembuffersize to 100MB, changing the buffermode to type 1 or 2 and changing the readbufferfactor to 4.0, with no improvement :-(

Mods - please relocate this to a different subforum if this isn't the right place!
since you didn't provide a Debug Log I'm going to guess: uninstall pulseaudio and libasound2-plugins
Thanks - sorry, the original post was written on the run before work. I tried to upload a debug log from the machine, but it didn't seem to work, will try again tonight.
Here we go: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=148419

There's an error right up the front relating to libcrystalhd.so.3 and pulseaudio - what's the best way to deal with this? (sorry, I'm a bit of a linux n00b, I can follow instructions though)

What's with all the stuff to do with cmyth too, btw?
Ok - hold fire. It seems that my audio setting was causing the problem. Under Frodo I had it set up so that HDMI went to the TV and analog audio went to the stereo (I don't have a HDMI amp/receiver), so I could have music playing without having to have the TV on - it seems that this isn't possible under the new version :-(

Thanks for your help - if I have any further problems I'll post again here :-)