Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't see file when going to install from zip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I tried to install a file on my mx box (android). I went to file manager, add source, typed in the url, named it f1, and clicked okay.

I then went to the home screen of xbmc, clicked settings, add ons, install from zip. The file was not in the list.

I suspected there may have been a typo when I was typing the link for the file (when trying to add source).

I therefore went back to add source, typed the url for the file, quadruple checked it, clicked okay, and named it f2.

I went back to xbmc>settings>addons>install from zip file. Again, the file was not here.

I noticed that when I click on file manager, the two folders are showing there, they just do not appear in the list when I go to settings>addons>install from zip file.

I suspect that when I am typing in the url for the file, and adding source, it is getting saved to the wrong place on my box. This is just a guess.

I do have the software, and know the theory on how to re-install the software completely so that my box is restored to factory settings, but do not really want to do this out of fear that something might be wrong, and because I feel that there is probably an easy fix with the correct knowledge.

I would really appreciate your help, thanks.