Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposal for Kodi Settings Structure change [Updated 2015]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(2015-03-16, 12:38)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I wondered when you'd be along Big Grin
I'm sneaking in to this thread for quite some time already, but my sparetime is pretty booked out lately (I finally start to get a real life Wink )
(2015-03-16, 13:58)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-16, 12:38)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I wondered when you'd be along Big Grin
I'm sneaking in to this thread for quite some time already, but my sparetime is pretty booked out lately (I finally start to get a real life Wink )

Very overrated Undecided
(2015-03-16, 11:19)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]I like the direction in which jjd-uk is going, not all of it though (I don't like the "Network" node name). Unfortunately I haven't found time to take a closer look on this last weekend, hope I'll find some time this week

I'll create another revision on the first post with a mixture of changes suggested, although 'Network' I'll change to 'Networking' etc. Meh
As for pictures, I would like to suggest to promote 2 advanced settings to GUI.
1> Show RAW-files;
2> Show original picture

This will make Kodi less buggy and give more wanted behavior.
Just to let people know I'm looking at this again, not sure how far I'll get with my lack of coding skills, but I wanted to see how something based on my last proposal would look.

At the moment I've got

watch gallery

Please don't get hung up on any of the naming as I'm still experimenting and mainly concentrating on seeing what would be a good structure, so there's been a lot of shuffling around.

Once I have something to share I'll post it here.
(2015-05-25, 15:12)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let people know I'm looking at this again, not sure how far I'll get with my lack of coding skills, but I wanted to see how something based on my last proposal would look.

At the moment I've got

-snip-

Please don't get hung up on any of the naming as I'm still experimenting and mainly concentrating on seeing what would be a good structure, so there's been a lot of shuffling around.

Once I have something to share I'll post it here.

That's looking much more organised and makes more sense, especially for a first time user.
These are just quick hacks

watch gallery

So just to give more of an idea of the direction I'm going with the other areas.

Not sure what is up with Audio Ouput under Personalise, that shouldn't be there as there's no xml entry for it, so maybe something in core is causing that to be there.
(2015-05-25, 16:26)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]These are just quick hacks

-snip-

So just to give more of an idea of the direction I'm going with the other areas.

Not sure what is up with Audio Ouput under Personalise, that shouldn't be there as there's no xml entry for it, so maybe something in core is causing that to be there.

That's looking even better Smile
Yeah looking very good jjd-uk.
@jjd-uk
It would be great to have some restructuring done for 16.0 in the settings section. Maybe you could spend some time on finalising your proposal?
I'll try and find the time in the next couple of weeks before anything new gets added to the settings for 16.0

I saw in the backlog for yesterday the discussion on the file list settings, in my layout these I have merged these with the library settings for each media type, for example the "Default select action" has been placed in a single settings view for Videos

I'm sure there is much nitpicking to be done, but "Personalise" is the only thing that actually bothers me from what I see. All settings could be considered personalization. "Appearance" isn't great, but it's more accurate. I'm not sure of a better word, though.
I used Personalise as it's what Android uses for similar settings.
Yes, sometimes Google does dumb things :)
Appearance wouldn't fit as this section contains the International/Region settings for Language, Keyboard Layout, Date & Time format, Temp & Speed units etc and those are all personalisations in my view for how things are presented, all the other settings are preferences Wink :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16