Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advice on naming multi ep tv series please..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

At the moment I am going through the process of moving some of my TV episodes over to an external HD and I've hit a snag, If I can explain how I have it set up at the moment,

Television/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 1.mkv

but should I have it so it looks like this:

Television/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 1/The Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 1.mkv

The only reason I ask is because of the .nfo, .tbn, .fanart, .folder information that goes with each episode. It wasn't something that came immediately to mind until I started organizing the files. As I am going to be doing my own scraping with EMM. It was only then that I realized that I cannot have more than one .nfo per folder.

I am assuming that I have got this totally wrong, And by some miracle I am actually doing this right, It would be great to have some positive input just to give me some peace of mind.
Thanks chaps...
sadsack.
This works for me.

Television/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The Walking Dead.S01E01. Days Gone Bye.mkv

Note that S01E01 is the key.
Thanks Chaps...

Understood...

sadsack.
XBMC also happily scrapes (at least from what I've tested)

1x01
S1E1
S01E01
You can have non-standard naming by editing advanced settings.xml

As described in

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ing_files/

Quote:e.g having "Season [season#] - Episode [episode#]" anywhere in the file name

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) - Episode ([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Example : TV Shows\Scrubs\Season 1\Scrubs - Season 1 - Episode 01 - Pilot.avi
The first two capturing groups should be obvious, the third group ([^\\/]*) captures everything up to the end of the file name $, this allows for multi-part file names such as name.Season 1 - Episode 01 - Season 1 - Episode 02.ext as well as the simpler name.Season 1 - Episode 01-02.ext

I personally though would stick to the standard naming conventions and use TheRenamer or Filebot to name my TV Shows accordingly.