Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: stream from PC direct to TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi @all,
i got a really big request
could someone please make a youtube video how to stream xbmc to a smart TV without any other eqipment.
i have a LG 55LA6208

thank you
come on i see on youtube that people was playing xbmc on there TV true the PC
Can you post one of these YouTube videos?
(2014-03-15, 12:09)rpal001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @all,
could someone please make a youtube video how to stream xbmc to a smart TV without any other eqipment.
i have a LG 55LA6208

thank you

HDMI cable
(2014-03-16, 13:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
i have a LG 55LA6208

thank you

HDMI cable

Lols, I assumed he meant something more complicated than that. But nickr is perfectly correct, using a HDMI cable is the most obvious answer.
i don't wanne use a 10m hdmi cable.
LG has the software smartshare but the software is sucks,
the windows media player streams directly too but it has issues with mkv files..
Is there no way to setup xbmc to stream to the TV without a box, xbox, playstation or someting?
(2014-04-05, 13:33)rpal001 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't wanne use a 10m hdmi cable.
LG has the software smartshare but the software is sucks,
the windows media player streams directly too but it has issues with mkv files..
Is there no way to setup xbmc to stream to the TV without a box, xbox, playstation or someting?

XBMC needs a platform to run on. If you're not prepared to use a long HDMI cable then you could look into something like this: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-bes...ansmitter/

But really it's going to get complicated, expensive and pointless. I would just use a 10m HDMI cable.

EDIT: Or you could use an Android stick or RPi - both of those are so small that you won't see them. They can both use wireless for your content (additional hardware required).
hmmm ok
i was thinking that if windows media player is able to eccess my tv then also xbmc. (nero media center works too)
ok
thank you for the answers
Xbmc is primarily designed to run on a computer directly connected by HDMI to your display device. For 'computer' include android box/stick, raspberry pi,etc.

Having said that it can utilise upnp to send to your TV. But that won't get the xbmc GUI to your TV, just the video which will be played by your substandard TV manufacturer's software.

If you have 'share via upnp' activated in xbmc settings|services then your TV should find the computer with xbmc.

If you have xbmc Gotham you should be able to use the context menu on any media item and choose 'play using' and choose your TV.
What you guys seem to overlook is that HDMI on Raspberry Pi can only offer HD. When streaming over wifi or UTP one can use Ultra HD. The question in only how to configure that on LG.
Ask lg
Just in case this has not been answered or someone else is looking at this asking the same question.

Kodi supports airplay. and there is an Windows 10 app for airplay.
i have a LG 55LA6208

thank you

HDMI cable

+1 easy as pie!!!
(2015-12-14, 03:33)Phryzm Wrote: [ -> ]
i have a LG 55LA6208

thank you

HDMI cable

+1 easy as pie!!!
Pages: 1 2