Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a remote for Pandora on XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title kinda says it all!
I have the pandora addon for XBMC and use Yatse remote which works well for most stuff but it can't do anything with Pandora apart from launch it.
Are there any other remotes for android devices that can control the Pandora addon?
What do you want it to do? Yatse controls work for navigation and playback control for me. The addon extends the xbmc player python class so no reason why they shouldn't.
Do you get a pandora display on your android? Or do you mean you just use the direction controls to control the display on your tv?
No, no special display. If that is what you are after you may have better luck creating it yourself. Once the addon is running you just need to send regular xbmc key presses - the same as what yatse is doing. You'd just have to create an app with a special Pandora interface. The reason I say creating it yourself is easier is that I can't see someone adding this type of thing to an existing remote app. Once they do that it opens the door to all sorts of requests for special addons. Since the regular remote will send controls it doesn't seem worth the effort.
I would like to find a way to control pandora on rpi xbmc with an iOS device like roomie remote or xbmc remote. What I am looking for is to be able to select the station, thumbs up/down etc. from my ipad without needing to see the tv screen.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?