Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How install or update librtmp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have FRODO 12.3 XBMC installed under Samsung TAB 3, and it works perfectly for me.
There is some channels on Mashup that need librtmp to be updated.

i did same search in google and i find this link : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...mp#Android
the link suggest that librtmp.so must be put on this path /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/librtmp.so
but on my device i have not the same path, my path is : /0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc
and i have not lib directory.

any help about this problem.

Thank you all
Poke around, sometimes it's in a slightly different place depending on your android FW. There should be two org.xbmc.xbmc folders, one for user modifications like the userdata folder (wiki) and add-ons, and another with default stuff, and the default one is what you want.
So, if i understand well my tablet need to be rooted.
I'm honestly not sure. My phones and tablets are iOS, and my only Android devices are set-top-boxes that are already rooted. Actually.. now that I think about it, I recall someone saying they needed root even to access the userdata folder, so the same is most likely true for the install/default folders.
I am doing same researchs , and i find tow directories
/storage/emulated/0/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc
/storage/emulated/legacy/data/org.xbmc.xbmc
but ,they are the same and the lib directory does'nt exist
i also made a reserach of librtmp file but i don't find it on my device.

I am using File Manager application.
I confirm all libs must be on /data/... on Android, and that you have to be rooted to access them.
So , in the case when my /data/... directory is empty . Most I create org.xbmc/lib directories ... ?
they are only shown empty because you are not rooted i guess...