Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Logitech Harmony Smart Keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Havent see anything posed about this over here. Thought this may be a pretty good solution for people who like to use a keyboard and be able to have Activity control.

Logitech Harmony Smart Keyboard

Curious if anyone has set this up, I bought one but have not got around to setting it up yet. It will be replacing my Harmony One and a Logitech k400. It will also be first using the harmony app for iOS.

The Smart Keyboard comes with the Hub, Keyboard and two USB IR receivers for xbox/ps/anything that needs keyboard use.

My biggest concern was that I had a IR reciever for my HTPC but it always seemed flaky with the One not sure if that was a fault of the remote dying. But the way I would power on my HTPC was just by pressing any keep on the k400 would power it up and then hitting the activity on my "One" and use the keyboard to navigate the HTPC. So that is not a problem for this I am just wondering if the USB IR receiver that it uses will power on the HTPC when I do a key press during another activity. Im sure i will figure out when I get a chance to setup just seeing if any input.

Another question is what type of device do I set the HTPC up as since Ill actually be using the keyboard as the remote? Still the Microsoft SE?