Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc ipad mini stream with av adapter to tv?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I'm new to all this, only just recently got my head around xbmc and how to get the best out of it, at the minute I'm not really a big fan of having all my laptop ect hooked up to my tv to stream movies from xbmc so I decided to jailbreak my ipad mini (iOS 7.0.1). I have installed xbmc on the ipad and it all works fine but I was toying with the idea to get an av adapter so I can plug my ipad into the tv using the hdmi socket, which of these cables are the best? Is the official apple av adapter really worth £40? also is it easy enough to get it set up so I can stream from my ipad directly through to the samsung smart tv using hdmi? I mean do I need to download anything to get it fuly working or? Iv noticed a lot of people talking about you can't get the full resolution unless you download a few things from the cydia market? Is this right?

Any advice would be great just want to get it up an running Smile
Thanks for reading and I hope you can help!

Many thanks
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...put_on_iOS

Nothing more needed as the adapter. 3rd party apps for going fullscreen can influence badly with XBMC. XBMCs internalt tvout code will allow fullscreen 1080p output without those crappy tools.