Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc 12.3 audio faint except for movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey xbmc had a weird problem pop up. everything has been working fine then suddenly all audio (music/interface sounds etc) is extremely low but audio from my movies are fine (HD or not)

ive looked at every setting available but still cant pinpoint the problem. using Aeon NOX skin

oddly enough around the same time i tried an airplay video for the 1st time before this and got no audio. then proceeded experienced the problem. I've since turned off airplay but still have the problem.

i've searched around but couldnt find a thread with the same situation.
Do you have a keyboard connected? Try pressing and holding F10 (or +) for a few seconds. Could be you just accidentally turned down the volume for your audio device.
ok i'll try that when i get home.. but wouldnt that affect all volume even the movies?
(2014-03-18, 18:45)WeirdH Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a keyboard connected? Try pressing and holding F10 (or +) for a few seconds. Could be you just accidentally turned down the volume for your audio device.

oh wow dude that was it!!! thanks a million!!

its just weird that movie audio was ok tho...
(2014-03-20, 01:20)ToXIc69 Wrote: [ -> ]its just weird that movie audio was ok tho...

XBMC treats your audio as if through two separate devices. Check the bottom of this screen from the audio settings:

One is called 'audio output device', the other is 'passthrough output device'. XBMC's internal volume only affects the audio device. Usually, movie sound goes through your passthrough device (when it's digital sound). That's why your movie volume was fine.
hey man thanks again!!! you helped me and i learned something new...

how do you do the screen shots tho?
Ctrl+S does screenshots. it will save it in the screenshot folder defined in the settings, as shown here.

You can find a lot more in the keyboard controls section of the wiki. You might find some of them useful.
sweet.. thanks i'll definitely. use that to map keys to my iMon remote..