Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved] BIOSTAR Hi-Fi B85N 3D + Streacom IRRC remote power on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have bought this mobo because if its features and that the CPU mount is located correctly for the Streacom FC8 Evo chassis. I did also purchase the Streacom IRRC Remote, which claims that it needs power to usb when off, to be able to power it on from cold.

When i saw that this mobo had a feature called "PME Wake up s5", i thought that i meant that it will leave the power on for the usb - thats wasn't the case Sad

Here is the Streacom IRRC data sheet:

Here is the ACPI settings for the mobo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX7zL902Kes

I don't know what to do here to make it able to boot on from cold state (powered off)

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Do you mean you don't know how to wire it up or you don't know how to turn it on in the bios?

By activating S5 in bios. It'll make the USB ports give power when powered down.

Then plug the USB lead onto the header on your motherboard. The power switch to the power switch pins and the LED light to the LED pins.

Exactly as in the picture you posted.
Thank you for your reply. I have set it up correctly, but allowing it to boot from s5 is my problem. I read somewhere that the PME Event Wakeup feature was only for Wake-on-lan.

Strangely, the mobo supports Charger Boosting, which allows you to charge devices VIA in all power states, including s5, but I don't see that in the bios either.

Thanks in advance!
Good news! Problem is solved. Apparently the wrong key is mapped to the IR reciever, which means that to power it on, you need to use the "Music" button, instead of the power button? Big Grin