Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Key command to record from guide?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a combination of XBMC and WMC for my PVR currently...trying to make XBMC as a front end...have most of it working.

I use event ghost to receive my remote commands and send commands through to the appropriate application, but the one thing I can't seem to get to work is when I am in the XBMC guide, and have a program highlighted in the guide, I would like to just press the record button to actually record the program...is there a key command to do this? If so, then I can set up event ghost to pass on the key command.

mm0
which xbmc version you use?

have a look at this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1626011
I just upgraded to Gotham Beta 2, but I do have one system still on Frodo 12.2.
this was added in gotham and should work if your remote mapping use the record action
I can't map WMC commands to XBMC because of the way I have it set up, but I can send virtually anything else...is there any key commands to do the same thing?

mm0
I figured it out. I made a custom keymap making the 'g' key record. Then I mapped the record button to send 'g'...works fine now.
yeah that's the way you have to map your keys