Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is the Youtube plugin being developed anymore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many issues are starting to crop up surrounding the Youtube plugin. From Login issues to certain videos not playing. Reading through the [Release Post] and the Google code pages there are many fixes for these problems and it is possible to get a working version of the plugin using these fixes. My main concern is that none of these fixes are being pushed to the actual plugin.

So I'm just wondering is this plugin still being developed??
+1
I've been wondering the same thing.
Maybe if the fixes were aimed at the relevant GitHub account instead things would get fixed quicker, that said I've no idea how viable the plugin is going forward given the amount of changes YouTube continue to make.
(2014-03-21, 08:57)gott_sei_dank Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if the fixes were aimed at the relevant GitHub account instead things would get fixed quicker.

You have a point. But the issues are being reported on Github. As far as the fixes, for example Berre's excellent login failed workaround, this is external code and not baked into the plugin so it simply can't be merged. There are comments on GitHub pointing to Berre's fix.
(2014-03-21, 14:10)hams1000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-21, 08:57)gott_sei_dank Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if the fixes were aimed at the relevant GitHub account instead things would get fixed quicker.

You have a point. But the issues are being reported on Github. As far as the fixes, for example Berre's excellent login failed workaround, this is external code and not baked into the plugin so it simply can't be merged. There are comments on GitHub pointing to Berre's fix.

I was getting logon issues recently, and this fix worked for me (link post #52), which is FAR simpler to apply than the "Berre's" fix you linked to. I would first try that fix to see if it works.

I also integrated the fix I'm talking about and posted the links to the add-on I uploaded to mediafire. Check this post for more information: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1658118
We appreciate the fix. But PLEASE lets not turn this into a "how to fix YouTube". This thread is strictly to find out where development officially stands or else it will get merged an buried.
Well I posted links to fixes on the issues list on github, I hope it's seen by a dev and that fixes are patched in.
Bump.
Last update 6 months ago? It's not being developed. Same developer have been absent on his other plugins. But that is fine, it means you can take over. Frankly, the whole "here's my fix now you do the rest" is damn lazy. Tell the developer directly you want to take responsibility for the project and to it, don't wait for him to come here and comment.