Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio/Video sync issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, for the last 12 months I've had an issue with XBMC that no amount of tweeking has been able to solve.

Symptoms:

50% of the time the audio is a little out of sync with the video.

Sometimes (5%) of the time the video is choppy

I think this is mainly an audio problem but I can't be sure. I've played with the audio setting but that hasn't helped.

I've seen a number of similar forum posts on similar issues but I really need someone to talk me through this. I'm not a complete technophobe but I clearly don't geek out on the same level as many of you.

Setup details:

Windows 7
Nvidea audio card
HDMI connection to a Panasonic TV

If you need to know anything else please ask.

This is one of those annoying issues that has been pissing me off for so long it's not funny. If anyone can help me find the answer I'll... OK, I have nothing to offer but I'll be so appreciative.

Thanks
hey,

difficult, could be a lots of different reasons.

If it is only 50% of the time, the remaining 50% just play fine?

what CPU, mainboard and what nvidia card (exactly) do you have in your system?
Maybe it is a driver problem, do you use the latest nvidida drivers (when was your last install)?

what settings in XBMC do you use?
bitstreaming (DD, DTS etc.) when A/V is not sync?
Yeah, half the time the file plays perfectly.

Intel G1610 2.60GHz CPU
Can't recall what the motherboard is (I built this PC a year ago... is there an easy way to check?)
I've seem to have the latest drivers. Though Nvidia suck and I can never tell if I'm upgrading the driver or installing some crappy software.
No idea about bitsteaming, DD and DTS. Can you tell me how I check?

Oh, and I installed Gotham a couple of weeks ago in hope that it solves my problems...

It hasn't.
ok, if you built the PC a year ago, then your drivers are one year old. Smile
could be ok (if you got an old board) but I recommend to update the drivers.

Quote:Yeah, half the time the file plays perfectly.
Just to make sure:
It is NEVER the same video that has sync-problems and plays perfectly at another time, we're talking about 2 different videos, right?

The easiest way to check which mainboard you have is to look inside the case. Smile
it is printed on the mainboard itself, but if you have a bill you could read it from there.
But overall, the G1610 Celeron it the slowest and cheapest intel-CPU, maybe it is limiting, depends on your graphics card.
so the mainboard is not really necessary, more important is your graphics card.

When sync-problems are occuring, please check your taskmgr (press Strg+Shift+Esc), do you have high cpu-load?
do you watch HD videos?
Some files play fine all the time, other files are always a tiny bit out of sync, a few are always choppy.

Checked taskmgr when running a high def video. CPU use was sitting between 50-60%.

Found the receipt from a year ago. The motherboard is:

Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H-MVP

And the sound card is:

EVGA GeForce GT640 2GB Dual Slot

I'm currently downloading the latest driver. I'll let you know if that fixes the problem.
OK, I downloaded the latest drivers. I thought things were working fine but tonight the audio sync issue occured again. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might just be .mkv files. They all .175 out of sync.'

If I can't fix this, it there a way I can make all .mkv files play with a .175 delay?