Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Haswell 4130T - Blocky pixelation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-03-22, 16:27)btarb24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-22, 13:47)tausche Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure the video file is not corrupt?

No, and after i did the testing last night i came to lean toward that assumption as well. Without going into too many unwanted details, there are about 100 video files, of which i've tried about 40 and experienced artifacts on them all. The source files were acquired via the bittorrent protocol. Other people have played the "same" files without experiencing troubles. Perhaps there's something wrong with my torrent client (Tixati) or my raid server (UnRaid).

I'm about to start researching, but i might as well ask here as well - does anyone know of a way to validate the integrity of an x264 mkv file?

EDIT: I just verified that i can play a freshly downloaded file. Once i copy it to my UnRaid server (with all brand new hardware) the file gets artifacts. I just hashed the local and the stored file to discover they're different. It looks like the files are somehow getting corrupt during the transfer to the fileserver.

Sorry for the late response, though have you considered running the torrent client via your UnRaid client? Also, are you transferring the files via wireless or wired? Which file system is the source file copied from?

Try copying the files onto a USB-drive from your desktop and then connect it to the UnRaid server and copy the files to a local partition. You can rule out the network transfer as a culprit if the file displays pixel artifacts after this, For reference I would recommend that you redownload a file that you know becomes corrupted during transfer as your test file.
(2014-03-26, 00:24)nooryani84 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late response, though have you considered running the torrent client via your UnRaid client? Also, are you transferring the files via wireless or wired? Which file system is the source file copied from?

Try copying the files onto a USB-drive from your desktop and then connect it to the UnRaid server and copy the files to a local partition. You can rule out the network transfer as a culprit if the file displays pixel artifacts after this, For reference I would recommend that you redownload a file that you know becomes corrupted during transfer as your test file.

No worries. I briefly considered running the torrent client on unraid but i didn't really look too deeply into it. I commonly transferred via wireless, though did some wired tests too and those were also corrupt. However, they were only corrupt if i sent them to unraid. If i sent them to another workstation then everything was fine. Source was always copied from Win8.1.

Since i rebooted the unraid, new files are no longer becoming corrupt. This is obviously nice, but it also makes it so that i can't further troubleshoot, and ultimately solve, the problem. I've got one 11gb file that I plan on doing periodic hash checks on to see if any corruption has returned. Just about every single file on the array had developed about 5% corruption over the last 4-5 months. I've been repairing them via tausche's excellent idea of using a torrent client and that's going swimmingly. Hopefully the corruption stays at bay. If it doesn't then i'll work on digging deeper into the problem. It's just difficult to do much now that new files aren't corrupting immediately any longer. The USB copy is another great idea of something to try if i do end up troubleshooting some more. Thanks Smile
Ah, well then I wouldn't worry too much about it. You have my sympathies for the stress it must have caused, it does seem as though you have resolved the issue though. Smile
Pages: 1 2