Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problems with Ted talks on xbmc & Ouya
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys

I have the Ted talks add-on on my Ouya and it doesn't work, how can I get it to work? I have internet access because you tube works

I'm connecting from Australia,would I need a VPN service to connect through tot he Ted talk service?

here is the log I have
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=155634

thank you
Well looks like I have the similar problem . (actually im the original posters father, and, err, um.... i could not figure it out either!

bit more info that should have been given:

When I try to connect to ted talks it pops up with a Could not connect to network server error message.

And an "Error: Script failed: Ted Talks" in the bottom right.

I have a VPN service in play (unblock-us), problem occurs if i'm using its DNS servers or not.

Bellow is an extract from the log which I think reflects the problem.

Any help appreciated muchly appreciated..

23:28:33 T:1737723408 ERROR: [PLUGIN] 'TED Talks: version 4.2.1' initialized!
23:28:34 T:1737723408 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named user
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/default.py", line 14, in <module>
import resources.lib.ted_talks as ted_talks
File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 7, in <module>
from model.user import User
ImportError: No module named user
4.2.1 is broken. You can rollback to 4.2.0 but the "Newest" is also broken in 4.2.0 but at least the other choices work. See the main add-on thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36866