Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC freezes when I try to use live stream from NASA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have 12.3 installed on openSuse 13.1 (64-bit). I have the NASA addon installed (v2.0). Whenever I try to view a live stream of the ISS, XBMC will freeze very soon after. I get that progress circle icon thing pop up, but then everything stops. I have to reboot in order to get my laptop back again.

I have tried this when I have logged into XBMC as a desktop as well as running it in KDE, the same things happens regardless. I have enabled debug mode and got a log file. I'm not sure how to attach a log file to this post though.

Looking at the log file, I can't see anything obvious, can anyone help?
okay, here is the log file

http://susepaste.org/69774281
We are sorry. OpenSUSE has patched out our internal ffmpeg that broke xbmc.

Recompile from source without the --external-ffmpeg

Edit: As a workaround disable VDPAU and enjoy 100% CPU load.
Sorry to sound stupid here,

the internal version of ffmpeg that xbmc uses, crashes xbmc when used in openSuse, so they recompiled it to use the external version instead?

I have ffmpeg 2.1.4-1.2 installed currently. Will this issue still be there on the next version of xbmc? Is this an issue with any live TV feed

If I recompile with out the --external-ffmpeg flag, won't I have the same problem that caused oS to enable it in the first place?

Where do I disable VDPAU?
No - they patch it out, cause they don't want internal ffmpeg. They compile with whatever libav they have at hand and are finished - when "it compiles". Obviously no one has ever run it ... that vdpau / opensuse issue is known for long.

It's all about politics.

Video -> Playback: VDPAU.
Too much politics these days...

Great, thanks for the help.
I disabled VDPAU, works a treat now, thanks
Another great example of solving the symptoms (by disabling VDPAU) instead of solving the actual problem (using external ffmpeg).
Yeah, not our problem. Congratulations to 100% CPU load instead.