Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS-HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got XBMC installed on my PC via HDMI - graphic card is GeForce GTX 570 and ive got a DTS-HA receiver. Am i right in thinking that the reason i can't get any pictures when playing a DTS-HD movie is becuase my GPU doesn't support DTS-HD as part of its "encoded formats"?

What are my options?
That card should support DTS-HD (in linux at least).

Try giving us a debug log (wiki)
If I'm not mistaken, your Nvidia GTX570 does not support bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD. The best you can do is getting the decoded 8-channel LPCM....
Why would nvidia produce a card that doesn't pass through those codecs in this day and age?
(2014-03-24, 06:31)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm not mistaken, your Nvidia GTX570 does not support bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD. The best you can do is getting the decoded 8-channel LPCM....

How do i do that?

Also, if i wanted true DTS-HD and TrueHD is there something i can do - buy a sound card? This is because i spent alot on the AVR and really want to take full advantage of it.
In the settings for system-->audio output--> You'd need to untick the options for dts-hd and TrueHD capable receiver. If you are using Gotham, then you'd need to be using advanced or expert level settings. This will force xmbc to decode and send along as LPCM. No difference in SQ, but your receiver will display multichannel PCM instead of the shiny HD lights.

You can research what gfx cards will bitstream them (which are any AMD cards from 5450 on up, don't know about nVidia), and buy one. Skip the sound card since you will just be passing digital audio over HDMI.
As bluray mentioned that card does not support bitstreaming.
A cheap 520 would be just what you need.. I happen to have a spare one hanging around Smile
No sound card will do DTS-HD anyway. They would have no means to output HDMI.
I think the 520 is out of stock - what other cheap but good GPU would you guys recommend? I just need it for 1080p playback and DTS-HD and True-HD sound. I'll keep my 570 for gaming...
Is the 5450 good enough??
a gt610 do the good job and it's cheap.
Got a 5450 - all working now.. Streaming DTS-HD now - BUT need to test TrueHD
(2014-03-24, 16:26)godson Wrote: [ -> ]Got a 5450 - all working now.. Streaming DTS-HD now - BUT need to test TrueHD
I used to have the same GPU. It can bistreams DTS-HD and TrueHD fine.....

(2014-03-24, 07:06)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Why would nvidia produce a card that doesn't pass through those codecs in this day and age?
If you get the right GPU, you should be able to enjoy bitstreaming HD audio. GTX570 is not the right card for bitstreaming HD audio....