Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio output device - change audio output - ouya audio to airplay / dlna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

coming from the pc / mac version, there's an option in the audio settings

"audio output device"

on pc and mac I can change the valute of that, setting XBMC to send his audio to an airplay reciver. I've also other options, also under the "audio output device" menu.

Now the issue:

Running XBMC 13 on ouya and a couple of others android setup, the infamous "audio output device" is greyed out, no chance to change that.
So it's not possible to send xbmc audio to an airplay / dlna reciver (very useful in my case using not a TV but a PROJECTOR)

Tried the last nightily and the beta.

If anyone could help would be a painkiller.

Thanks for reading, all the best
dB
There is only 1 audio device on android devices. Thats why you can't select anything else. (on other operating systems something like "airplay" is presented to XBMC like a normal audio device - thats why you can select it in the list there...).
oh yeah?
then why i can stream music to airplay with other android apps?
Did you get a system option to select a different sound card inside Android?
There is nothing at the os level. All streaming (beside BT) is done in software on Android, and each app have to implement it their way.