Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Inconsistant volume adjustments with remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this problem is in regards to the latest version i have installed (xbmc-cvs 2006-03-23 by t3ch). when using my universal remote to adjust the volume while playing a video file, the volume increments go something like this: 7.3 > 11.1 > 14.8 etc. if i switch back to the media center screen (where the video is displayed in the bottom right hand corner, the volume adjusts are normal (around 1 db per button push). in general, whenever i am in the media center interface, the volume seems to adjust normally. however, once i get into fullscreen mode, the large increments occur.

it doesn't matter what type of video format i play (mp4, divx, wmv, mpeg).

i'm using a oneforall remote, model urc-6692. in order to adjust the volume, i switch the remote device controller from the xbox to my receiver, which is an rca rt-2600.

the changelog mentions that there was an issue and that it had been resolved (22-03-2006 fixed: volume change with the remote moved in large chunks.), however, it doesn't seem to have worked for me.

anyone else have this problem with this build?

p.s. i have posted this issue here only to find out if it affects others as well. if so, i will post this issue in the official bug tracking system at sourceforge.

well.... actually it is consistent in one way Smile.. if you hold it down it should move at the same rate.. one single press won't have the same distance. note sure why it was changed thou... i suppose it might have made to big jumps..
i suppose i should mention that this is not the first time i have seen this behaviour. in one previous build (i can't remember which one) i experienced the same issue. however, the build that followed seemed to have corrected it. it wasn't until this last update that this problem cropped up again.

man, this kind of thing happens at work quite a bit, where an old bug that we had fixed comes back, most of the time the cause is that some old code made it back into the latest recompilation, usually caused by one of our developers doing some code block copying and pasting, using an old pre-bugfix file as source.
well a few builds back we had it jump in huge steps... then one fix which kinda only changed the error.. we'll get there eventually Smile