Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thai Subtitles (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, I know this has been discussed before but I have checked all the old threads and done everything suggested and I still cannot get Thai Subtitles to display correctly.

I am using Gotham Beta 2. The windows 7 system is set to use the Thai Windows font. I downloaded Ariel Unicode MS and copies it to program files/xbmc/media/fonts. Also to users/name/AppData/Roaming/XBMX/media/fonts

I changed the name of the font to Arial

I set the main language to English and the Subtitle Language to Thai Windows. The fonts were set to Arial Type.

When I play a movie the subtitles are displayed as circles. If I change the main language to Thai then all the descriptions in XBMC menus are displayed in Thai but the main menu buttons are displayed as squares.

If I play the movie in VLC the Thai subtitles are displayed perfectly.

My girlfriend is Thai and she cannot watch the movies without subtitles. This has been driving me crazy for months.

Chris
I'm using this method for years and it works well. My windows systems are Windows7,8 64bit , both uses Gotham Beta 2.

Which subtitles format you're using? If it's SRT try saving it in both ANSI and UTF-8 encoding and see if any works. My better solution would be convert to something like ASS or VobSub.