Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Shutting down while recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I have finally managed to get my XBMC PC to wake up and start recording on schedule and that appears to be working just fine. The problem I have now is I have a Pulse Eight CEC adapter connected to my XBMC box and it wakes the TV when XBMC boots which is quite a nice feature it will also stop playing if the TV Source is changed and will power down if the TV is switched off. So far so good.

The problem I have is when the PC wakes for a recording it also wakes the TV (not a problem) then when the screen saver kicks XBMC eventually turns off the display which sends the TV into "No signal mode" also a good thing and then after a length of time the TV determines it is idle and powers down. Here is where the problem is when the TV powers down it causes XBMC to power down also (Because of the setting I have configured). The shutdown will continue regardless of if there is anything happening in the background (TVHeadend recording or Comskip running)

My question is it possible to set XBMC up so that when xvmc.shutdown() is called by the CEC adapter/LibCEC it then runs a script to determine if TVHeadend is active or com skip is running.

I think there is a way by editing the XML file of the current skin and changing the shutdown action to call the script and have the script then have the script shutdown once it has determined that there are no processes running in the background.

thanks in advance.