Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
While this is a valid fix (i handle the pr for that) - i still see the need that it also needs a fix on the libnfs side. Because just because it works for you - it might not in other constellations (e.x. in the case that getexportlist fails in 100% of the calls for example). I hope ronnie will comment your wireshark at one point.

Also for gotham i consider restricting your change to windows only (for paranoia reasons).

Also for a setup with more then 1 nfs server the issue would be still there (as switching between the nfs servers will still lead to calls to getexportlist and then the error would manifest in the very same way it does for you now).
All good points and makes sense. I've got tennis tonight for a few hours, but when I get back I'll add some further notes to the libnfs github issue about the latest developments but hopefully he has enough there to nut it out.

(And of course the PR is this one change plus restoring to libnfs to 1.6.3 I realise!)
Nice work and appreciated.
Very slick.
@bossanova808 - could you try this libnfs -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037...-maybe.dll

please use an unaltered xbmc version (e.x. with the exportlist clear in place)
Very quickly before work (I should have a bit of time later today with luck):

This new libnfs appears to work!!

I have only had a chance to try on my desktop, can do laptop tonight in about 12 hours, but on my desktop at least, with the exportlist clear put back in, just using this dll appears to solve the issue. For good measure I then also re-installed straight up beta3 and then just popped in this dll. Working fine!! (Note I have been able to reproduce the issue 100% on my dekstop anyway so the laptop bit is pretty much irrelevant except for extra data I guess).

I clean my library repetitively (5 times) and nothing is dropped. Artwork is working, and playback is fine too.

(I've only checked video, not music, as I don't really have music set up on my test machines).

Success!

What magic did you weave??
Also - I am away this weekend so today is my last chance for anything until Sunday - have been eating in to family time a bit too much lately so over the weekend I'm going to go 'radio silent' for a bit most likely. I'll do some more thorough testing tonight to be sure but all was good this morning.

(But I think your socket linger thing is the key, it seems. How'd you work that out??)

And then you can leave the whole mounts request thing for later given it has likely always been this way and working...
Tested some more:

Vanilla Gotham B3 + this libnfs, on my laptop this time

All good!

Hopefully some others will test (@garretn etc) - but as far as I am concerned it's all good - no issues with dumping, artwork or playback to far.
case closed ... thx bossanova808 for your countless hours and enjoy your family again now Wink

also thx to garretn who seems to have motivated something here ... Wink
Thanks @memphiz!!

Looks like the close socket thing will make it's way in to libnfs proper. Despite this removal of the clear being an effective workaround, I'll actually be using a libnfs with your socket fix as well just for good measure as I suspect there will be other occasional oddness without it when a lot is going on....but I am sure for H this will make it's way in.

Just re: the ephemeral ports etc, I do have a script from a long time ago that I believe increases those:
netsh int ipv4 set dynamicport tcp start=3025 num=62510

...this was for something else, and I don't actually know if that changes it just once or permanently off the top of my head, or even if I did run it at the time. I just found it buried in my scripts folder when I read the ephemeral ports thing and it set off bells in my head. So just FYI really.

Anyway, off on holidays for a few days now!
I use OpenElec on my 2 HTPC's with samba and I've thought about NFS for sowed improvements. I want to be able to view media on my Windows PC and possibly use it as a scraper. If I switch to NFS on my OE machines, do I just pop this dll in my Windows install and it will see my NFS shares?
Tested the libnfs Memphiz posted. While I was never able to reproduce the actual issue, I can at least confirm all is well with it. Cleaned the library a few times, updated it, new artwork seems to be working fine. All looks good! Tested the dll over an otherwise clean Beta 3.

(2014-04-11, 02:10)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I use OpenElec on my 2 HTPC's with samba and I've thought about NFS for sowed improvements. I want to be able to view media on my Windows PC and possibly use it as a scraper. If I switch to NFS on my OE machines, do I just pop this dll in my Windows install and it will see my NFS shares?

Easy way to find out! Give it a whirl. I'm not sure your issue was ever looked at / confirmed to be related to this, but it's worth a shot. Getting NFS going is definitely worth it over samba, the difference is night and day in terms of performance.
Hello everyone,

I hope am not wrong in my answer (my English is not very good). But I use NFS and also I have a concern about the export of the library.
The scraping, read a video, displaying images work very well. But when I want to export my library I have error messages like :

13:54:12 T:7532 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //Films/Agora (2009)-thumb.jpg
13:54:12 T:7532 DEBUG: CNFSFile::Close closing file volume1/Medias/Films/Agora (2009)-thumb.jpg
13:54:12 T:7532 ERROR: CTextureCache::Export failed exporting 'http:' to 'nfs://xxx.xxx.x.x/volume1/Medias/Films/.actors/Nikovich_Sammut'

XBMC is installed on a windows 7
My NAS is a synologie
I tested with Gotham beta1, beta2, and beta 3 and with dll recently posted.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171462

I hope this information can help

Cerize
You have a flawed library you try to export - i am pretty sure you hit the same errors on smb. the sourcefile "http:" is just invalid. Imo not nfs related. (all other files are written fine as it seems from the log).
thank you for your reply. I'll try to start again from scratch then.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11