Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [n00b question] Amazon prime add-on has no account config option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty new to XBMC so I am probably missing something obvious but; I've installed the Amazon Prime add-on (as per http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...azon+prime) and I'm right-clicking on the add-on to bring up the configuration menu; It only has a "general" section and there is nowhere to set my Prime account details...?

Everywhere on the interweb it states that you can "head over to settings and configure your account..." so, is there a magic trick?

Any help is much appreciated.

(I'm doing this on the Raspberry Pi xbmc version; raspbmc - but I assume that makes no real difference.)
I'm pretty sure you've installed Chrome Launcher version of the Amazon plugin. You'll actually enter your Amazon login into the Chrome/Chromium browser that gets launched when you choose a video.
Yes, that makes sense - I've not got that far yet. The browsing experience is a bit slow and ropey but I *am* running it on a Pi so perhaps that's not entirely surprising.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out and confirm on this thread if it worked.
So...took a while for me to try this out properly but the end result is pretty much the same; first I had to specify a custom path to /usr/bin/chromium though, perhaps that's an indication that something has not been installed as it should...?
When I select a movie it just does a bit of "working" and then nothing happens.
No login info in the add on because Amazon detects it as phishing.