Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: newbie question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't find this "problem" in the forums, but If the question is answered before I apoligize. I do love xbmc, but I am a bit frustrated. If i remember correctly i could before have thumbnails of the movies in my movie laibrary on the front screen / home screen. As it it now I need to click "Movies>Files>FILM (where my library of movies are)> then i need to click the catalog whith the specific movies (like family, general) the I need to click on the movie I want, no thumbnail or fanart , just a screenshot from within the movie. This is very tiresome, isn't it a possibility to have thumnails of the movies on the home window ? just click the movie I want from there.

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you aren't viewing them - maybe don't have them - in Library view. Have you scraped them? Do you have MOVIES and TV SHOWS on your home screen?
(2014-03-26, 18:16)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you aren't viewing them - maybe don't have them - in Library view. Have you scraped them? Do you have MOVIES and TV SHOWS on your home screen?

Thats the problem, i do not have any movies or tv shows on my homescreen, that is what I want. I did not think it would be necessary to use a movie scraper like imdb, I tought that was optional. I did was you suggested, and now I get thumbnails and fanart when I click Movies on the homescreen, thank you so much Prof Yaffle
I still wish I could get all the movies like thumbnails, like the recently added movies that show up now when hoovering over the "Movies" button
Change the view type - go into Movies, and (if you're using Confluence) bring up the left "blade" options panel. You can change between List, Big List, Fanart, and other settings - see if there's something that suits you better in there.
Hmm...
I am not sure if I understand you right, so let's do it slow:

Starting from home screen, I do have:

VIDEOS | MOVIES | TV SHOWS ....

Because you mentioned "FILES"...
Beyond Movies I have no "files" menu option.
Beyond Videos, there I have "FILES", but this is not the library, it is only the file view without any additional info except the screenshot from the file.

The Library is beyond "Movies" and then "Recently added, Sets, Title, Genre and so on..."

There you could scrape info, have thumbnails, description, fanart and everything else XBMC is offering.

If you're entering FILES then you are not in the library.