Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Image Size Reduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Uber confused with a random event last night while viewing Frodo V12.2 on ATV 2. Image suddenly went to ~25% of original size, bad resolution and parked at top left corner of screen.

Now, I have researched before posting and came across the "accidentally kicked my keyboard" posts and the description above seems to point to the "\" issue but I don't think this is the case as I had a show all set up and was viewing when this happened. I don't use a keyboard, just the official xbmc iOS remote app on my phone parked on the table.

Some of the posts mention just going in and resetting the resolution. Tried that, there are no resolution settings anywhere to be found under settings. Nadda.

So......what to do? re-booting, on-off etc has no effect. TV is fine with cable source, ATV works fine out of xbmc.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

sky
XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Video output -> Display mode -> Full screen
Thanks Ned,

I say again though, there are no display mode/resolution options under video output settings.

I have vertical blank sync, video calibration and enable VCD/

My openelec install downstairs has the display mode options so where the heck did these options go?? and all of a sudden like bam!
This is looking like a re-install...........
I would use SFTP via Cyberduck (wiki) (use the SSH username and login, default user: root, password: alpine) and delete the guisettings.xml file from the userdata folder (wiki).
Thanks again Ned,

I will try that and report back.

cheers,

sky
Hmmm........interesting.

Deleted guisettings > reboot and all is good. I still don't have display mode under settings though. Doesn't make sense that it's an iOS thing as my iPad shows them.

Is there another problem in play here?

Thanks so much for the tip Ned

Cheers,

sky
It's probably hidden on the ATV2 to prevent accidental usage, and it won't be useful on an ATV2 since only one display mode works on it. I'm just not sure how it got triggered in the first place :)

EDIT: the reason the iPad has the setting is because it is used when you connect the HDMI adapter.