Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV shows scraping issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i've been trying to work through getting my television shows to add to my library...this is what i've done so far that hasn't worked.

My movies work perfectly so i'm assuming there is an issue with the add-on "The TVDB" being used as the scraping source because when i try to add the videos as a source I get the message,
"script failed randomandlastitems.py"

The pathway to my files is set up by the software "therenamer" that sets it up like this "G:\Television" then i have individual folders for the shows like this "G:\Television\Breaking Bad" and then the actual files are named "Breaking Bad.S01E01.Pilot.mkv" I have tried many times adding the shows individually or the entire folders of television shows and neither option work.

I even did a test and manually changed the name according to the standards on the xbmc wiki and still nothing. The folders are added to my library but they are empty containing no files.

I am aware that you can manually add them somehow with a .nfo file but am not too savvy on that, so if somebody could help with this or the original problem I would greatly appreciate it.

After that I tried using ember media manager and managed to get all the metadata for all episodes/shows but they STILL wont add to xbmc...

The metadata is there for the folder itself but because there are no actual files within the folders...according to xbmc.
Another thing i noticed is that if I change the source of the video from television to movie it does add the files to be able to be played but of course the artwork is incorrect.

This is a copy of my debug log, i noticed that it keeps getting the message "no information on file '____'", "file not added...."

This issue was happening last night and I didnt capture a log then and tried this morning and no longer getting the script failed message but it still wont add the files for the television shows just the folder.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=161394
1. The script failed message has nothing to do with scraping.

2. Enable Debug Log ging (read the link!) and get another one.
Right okay so this is my new debug log with it enabled now im not getting the script message but the tvshow files are still not being added however I can play from the recently added section of tvshows.

But going into the files location the television folder is empty....

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=161622
My guess is you have 'hide watched' or 'show watched' turned on or something?

I can't really tell from that gigantic log exactly what you're trying to do, where it's failing or anything.

Perhaps you could detail very clearly what is going wrong? With screenshots perhaps?
So this is my process open up files, add source, locate television, update info for all, then it scrapes the videos. After that i checked the new source and its empty... Then i went to the tv show main screen and that location is also empty but I can launch the vid from the recently added section.

http://imgur.com/Q4PL8a1,arpbnjO,o7BMFiP...WJ,JvRjTzm

These are the screens for my process

Also just checked and hide watched was checked and they are now showing up in the folder!!! thank you for such a simple conclusion to a massive headache! It mustve already been set up that way...
Glad you got it working.