Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL - Library not showing up on second device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a MySQL instance and did an import of videos, etc on my main machine with the advancedsettings.xml per the wiki. I have a complete library on this machine. I copied the mediasources.xml, sources.xml, passwords.xml and advancedsettings.xml to another machine running XBMC and it shows all of the sources, etc under videos but does not have any MOVIES listed. If I re-add this as movies it asks to refresh all content, I have clicked NO which still shows me no movies. I am thinking I have to click yes? I thought all of the library data, etc would be synced.
I removed advancedsettings.xml from the second device and made sure the content and source settings were identical. Then let it import from the same sources and export data from the main machine which is using MySQL correctly. When I re-added advancedsettings.xml, everything in MOVIES vanished.

I tried to set content and told it to rescan and still nothing shows up in MOVIES and the video folder does defaults to content not being set.
Can you get us debug logs (wiki) from both XBMC devices? Just of XBMC starting up with the advancedsettings.xml files in place would be enough.
The second device was a NUC running OpenElec, I ran through the logs and saw it never established connection with server. I changed the settings to wait for network before launching XBMC and it is now working.
Good to hear.