Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best format and hard hadware for Blueray ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I want to start converting my blurays to a NAs drive to access them via XBMC.

Can you suggest an internal blue ray player for PC that will allow me to convert them ?

Also, I have purchased Pavtube a few months ago and want to know which format I should choose to convert my bluerays into...

Thanks
Hi Samsong,

After doing a ton of searching the best I found in my opinion is AnyDVDHD, and ripping to an ISO. Now this won't allow you to break out all the extras into individual files, or change compression to save space. If that's what your looking to do then I'd go with MAKEMKV. It will allow you to export individual files and select language tracks. However it won't change compression. I think AnyDVDHD may do that. However my goal was sheer archiving in a non-proprietary format. I've ripped my 700 DVDs into ISO's and 150 BluRay's as well. To me this is the ideal archival method.

GGG
(2014-03-30, 18:17)samsong Wrote: [ -> ]Can you suggest an internal blue ray player for PC that will allow me to convert them ?
LG Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner WH16NS40 - OEM

(2014-03-30, 18:17)samsong Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I have purchased Pavtube a few months ago and want to know which format I should choose to convert my bluerays into...
If you want to keep all original blu-ray contents, ISO is the best. If you want to save space, MKV is preferred...