Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot get xbmcbuntu to install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i've searched, tried all options, but here's my problem...

i would like to move off of windows and onto xbmcbuntu. i'm trying to install xbmcbuntu along side windows 7 on a small partition so i can configure xbmcbuntu while we can still use windows 7/xbmc during the initial config/setup.

Hardware:
Biostar TA75M
AMD 3650 APU
8GB RAM
SATA 1 - 90GB SSD (OS, windows 7)
SATA 2 - 1.5TB (movies)
SATA 3 - 640GB (tv shows)
SATA 4 - 1TB (back up)
SATA 5 - Optical
sata configuration set to AHCI

i've tried 13 beta 2 live cd and 12 intel-amd live. both can live boot, however, neither see my hard drives to browse for files or install.
what i've tried:
switching from AHCI to IDE
fstab only lists the optical
sudo fdisk lists nothing

i cannot get xbmcbuntu to see my internal drives. been googling all day today, every option i've tried doesn't seem to work.
Save yourself the time. Your AMD GPU is abandonware and not supported for hardware video decoding. Your only option is to use OpenElec stable.
This htpc is also my network media server, will openelec still allow me to control all the network shares?
(2014-03-31, 08:48)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]Save yourself the time. Your AMD GPU is abandonware and not supported for hardware video decoding. Your only option is to use OpenElec stable.

He's got a 3650 APU, not GPU. That's an A6 right? He should be fine.
A6 is fine - use new xbmcbuntu v13
oh right. Then v13 will work with hardware decoding, not v12.
@OP: so the installer doesn't see the drives or only on the live session? Does a normal ubuntu live cd see them?
Live and installer. When I start the installer the second step "has 4.9gb free space", the dot is red, continue is greyed out. Running live, from desktop I cannot connect to or see any drives. I have not tried a ubuntu live disc yet, I'll try tonight.

(2014-03-31, 15:23)LSU Jonno Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-31, 08:48)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]Save yourself the time. Your AMD GPU is abandonware and not supported for hardware video decoding. Your only option is to use OpenElec stable.

He's got a 3650 APU, not GPU. That's an A6 right? He should be fine.
Yes, it's the A6. I do have a 6000 series card that I am running in dual graphics mode as well.
(2014-03-31, 18:25)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Try this XBMCbuntu#Resolving_potential_install_wizard_issues (wiki)

I had already tried that. The live distro from desktop also does not see the drives. This has to be something with my storage controller and the modules not included or loading in xbmcbuntu.
idk, I remember reading somewhere about similar issue and it ended up being with some issue with Ubiquity, iirc.

If you have had or done some raid config at some stage or if the drive has any raid info stored on it the installer may skip it may not be supported.

backup before proceeding further....

Code:
sudo fdisk -l

Finds the drive, then you may wanna try
Code:
dmraid -E -r /dev/sdX

Where X is the drive letter found in the fdisk -l portion. Say yes to remove the dmraid info and retry what I linked.
nothing shows up in fdisk
no drives are in raid, not were they in a raid.
Well idk, it still sounds like the old ubiquity issue I read about. Good luck anyway.
Even ubuntu doesn't see the drives. sudo lsblk -o only lists my DVD burner
Well, tried:
IDE mode
Disabling oprom
Disabling xhci (usb 3.0 bind)

Still cannot see internal drives
do you use UEFI? if yes, you probably need GPT partitioning on the drives.
see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295 for more details
Pages: 1 2