Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Network Sharing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an MX2 box, it is a nameless box I bought off ebay but it works really well. It runs on Android 4.2.

I thought initially it would only stream media but it does also download, as long as you have a download folder set. Now that I have downloaded something I am having difficulty getting the file off the box, i.e. onto my main Win7 PC.

I have installed 'FTP Server' on the Android box and retrieved the file that way but I would have thought there would be a built in solution. For example creating the MX Box disk as a network share on the Win7 PC but I cannot figure out which settings to set to which values.

Can anyone help me out or point me to some instructions?

Thanks

Alternatively, can I set the download folder to be on a NAS or the Win7 PC? I know I can set it but XBMC advises that I haven't set a download folder.
If your Windows 7 PC has an SMB share that you can connect to, you can just use XBMC's internal File manager (wiki) to copy the file over. I often use that just because it's a pretty easy process when you have a remote control.