Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-25, 07:41)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-25, 07:07)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone try sideloading the play store or amazon App Store here for more options of apps? Is it even possible

Yep, I downloaded Vudu and sideloaded it.

Easiest way was to just download it to my tablet, use App Backup & Restore then adb install it from the tablet.

Vudu works, but it does require at least a mouse to navigate.

Has not the play store. Vudu is just an app like any other.
I also had the same problem with the latest gotham nightly with the audio delay. But with a 0.2 second fix and applied it for all video's this seems to be fixed. But at first I didn't have this problem, only after running now for a few days it's suddenly out of sync. With the sync correct feature not to big of a problem. Other then that, it's a perfect setup for me right now. I primarily use it as XBMC only box and with autopilot starting XBMC after boot it works perfectly. I'm thinking of creating a video just to show how it all works.
Has anyone tried using a Wii remote controller as an air mouse? I believe it is bluetooth based, so it should work.
I spent a lot of time downloading .so's from the FTV's /system/lib directory to try to determine if the hardware libraries exist to decode vc1. OMX.qcom.video.decoder.vc1 seems to exist in the XML files used by MediaCodec and in the OMX Core libraries. I did note that VC1 (and others) for stagefright libraries are denoted as 'soft' in the library name. Is anyone seeing a particular error on VC1 setup with dvdplayer? I don't know that the mime-type in dvdplayer matches the mime-type expected by OMX.

I acknowledge that I could be completely in the weeds! There are some samples ( qcomvideocodecsample131.zip ) on Qualcomm's developer site, but I am uncertain what encumbrances come with signing up for an account.

Also, I am _very_ uncomfortable in rooting my device to see the stuff under /data and various other setup/startup/init scripts. So I probably won't do that. I will attempt to pull the FireTV's andriod logfile after an attempt to play a VC1 to see if there are any interesting errors.

Anyway, heading down a rabbit hole, but Alice in Wonderland is in AVC.
(2014-04-25, 12:03)pietia7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-25, 04:57)Goldyflix Wrote: [ -> ]i know it has nothing to do with XBMC but it does with the firetv ,is there a reason why I cant get Netflix on my fire tv?, it says pricing unavailable and I don't have an option to download it

I got "Pricing Unavailable" for YouTube app even though I was using Unlocator site and I could access Amazon Prime content without any problems. To resolve this I changed my country to US on Amazon website in: "Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices > Coutry Settings"

I have done all of the above before posting.. I can watch amazon prime content i just cant get the netflix app
(2014-04-25, 18:15)Goldyflix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-25, 12:03)pietia7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-25, 04:57)Goldyflix Wrote: [ -> ]i know it has nothing to do with XBMC but it does with the firetv ,is there a reason why I cant get Netflix on my fire tv?, it says pricing unavailable and I don't have an option to download it

I got "Pricing Unavailable" for YouTube app even though I was using Unlocator site and I could access Amazon Prime content without any problems. To resolve this I changed my country to US on Amazon website in: "Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices > Coutry Settings"

I have done all of the above before posting.. I can watch amazon prime content i just cant get the netflix app

Please take this to Amazon customer service, or Netflix. This forum is for XBMC, it is not a support forum for using netflix outside of the US or other supported territories.
(2014-04-25, 17:16)Senaxx Wrote: [ -> ]I also had the same problem with the latest gotham nightly with the audio delay. But with a 0.2 second fix and applied it for all video's this seems to be fixed. But at first I didn't have this problem, only after running now for a few days it's suddenly out of sync. With the sync correct feature not to big of a problem.

I have run into audio sync issues as well. Is this something that can be fixed on the XBMC side or is this an issue with the Fire TV hardware?
I am running Gotham Beta 4 (Apr 19th) and use HDMI Audio to my TV (Stereo). The FTV downmixes DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD down to stereo just fine while playing AVC movies at 1080p. I have noticed no delay in the audio. I have not modified any settings under the Audio section of XBMC or FTV.
I was getting stuttering today on Goth and SCPXBMC while playing mkv's over network. The only change I made was I swapped my TV for a Samsung UN65HU8550 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD yesterday.
There was no stuttering yesterday.
Fixed it by unplugging the FTV for a few seconds.

This will be my next XBMC box:

https://www.nuvola4k.com/

Nuvola NP-1
(2014-04-25, 17:16)Senaxx Wrote: [ -> ]I also had the same problem with the latest gotham nightly with the audio delay. But with a 0.2 second fix and applied it for all video's this seems to be fixed. But at first I didn't have this problem, only after running now for a few days it's suddenly out of sync. With the sync correct feature not to big of a problem. Other then that, it's a perfect setup for me right now. I primarily use it as XBMC only box and with autopilot starting XBMC after boot it works perfectly. I'm thinking of creating a video just to show how it all works.

Please do create a video, including the fix for audio. Would be very beneficial to those like myself who are new to this
(2014-04-25, 21:27)Dixon Butz Wrote: [ -> ]I was getting stuttering today on Goth and SCPXBMC while playing mkv's over network. The only change I made was I swapped my TV for a Samsung UN65HU8550 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD yesterday.
There was no stuttering yesterday.
Fixed it by unplugging the FTV for a few seconds.

This will be my next XBMC box:

Nuvola NP-1

Tegra 4? i own a Madcatz mojo (tegra 4) and there isnt much of a difference between that and a fire tv especially for the price difference. If i were you i would wait for an android box with an nividia k1. Hopefully one the android tv device that was leaked on the verge (intereface was leaked not actual box spec) will contain an nividia k1.

Madcatz mojo also didnt pay for dts, dd licenses so there is no dts and ac3 (dd) passthrough on the xbmc application. I dont see anything on the nuvola page that says they have dts licenses.
(2014-04-25, 21:27)Dixon Butz Wrote: [ -> ]This will be my next XBMC box:

Nuvola NP-1
Fuck that. Give me $300 and I'll get you a better box than that for 100-150 and keep the difference
Can someone please confirm this is correct for pushing keymaps (keyboard.xml) to Gotham build? Thanks.
Code:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
(2014-04-25, 22:36)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please confirm this is correct for pushing keymaps (keyboard.xml) to Gotham build? Thanks.
Code:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

if keymaps is the folder, you need a trailing slash
I've been reading this thread for a while and have been holding off on buying the fire tv. I have the intel nuc and it works xbmc well. but I want to get one for my parents. Can someone confirm that xbmc works 1080p properly? Is there a way to boot directly to xbmc?