Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-04, 23:00)squarecut1 Wrote: [ -> ]If I use keymap3 to reconfigure the ftv remote, and then want to go back to the original default configuration of the remote, how can I do that? Thanks

Just delete the keymap.xml you'd created.
I've installed the latest stable build of XBMC Gotham onto my FireTV, but I cannot seem to get the volume control to work. The volume control plays no effect at all when volume is increased or decreased (and even mute). Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks.
it's the last thing on my list to still be fixed. I hope someone figures it out soon. Volume control is sorely missed.
(2014-06-05, 00:14)elmerohueso Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-04, 23:00)squarecut1 Wrote: [ -> ]If I use keymap3 to reconfigure the ftv remote, and then want to go back to the original default configuration of the remote, how can I do that? Thanks

Thanks. Can you or someone let me know the command to delete the file from the adb shell. I tried to google but can't seem to find the precise answer.
(2014-06-05, 01:32)squarecut1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-05, 00:14)elmerohueso Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks. Can you or someone let me know the command to delete the file from the adb shell. I tried to google but can't seem to find the precise answer.

>rm
Anyone knows why i can't download subtitles to the movie folder shared over SMB? This problem only happens with fire tv. Is there a solution for this?
(2014-06-05, 03:14)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows why i can't download subtitles to the movie folder shared over SMB? This problem only happens with fire tv. Is there a solution for this?

Are you able to download subtitles for streaming movies/files? Have you enabled subtitles under Settings?

Also, does it happen with all files? There are many movies for which subtitles may not be available.
Ok, let me explain it a little better.

I can search subtitles and get results just fine. It's just when i hit download i get an error that it couldn't save the file (or something like that). Some services like opensubtitle.org i can load the subtitle but the .srt is not saved on the movie folder. So i have to download the subtitle again if watch the same movie again. Looking at my xbmc folder i can see that there are some subtitles in a temp folder.

So basically the problem is (i think) that the subtitle addon can't write the subtitle file over SMB. I have all permissions set on my windows machine. FireTV xbmc can even delete files over SMB just fine. It seems restricted to the subtitle addon. It works with orther machines using windows.

I would like to know if it's a setting i can change in xbmc at Fire TV or maybe at the windows server.

Thanks
Could be a permissions problem, or a settings problem with where XBMC is set to store the subtitle file. Debug log needed I think.
XBMC Wiki for Amazon Fire TV isn't really helpful

Can someone explain this:

Gotham: "Gotham should be your starting point for running XBMC on the Fire TV." (Does this mean playback issues are now just as good as SPMC 12.4.2 ?).
Stable build: " The packages below may be less stable than Gotham." (So why are they under stable build if SPMC 12.4.2 isnt as stable as gotham ?)

I am currently running SPMC 12.4.2 and its great. I would love to use airplay. so planning to upgrade to gotham. but main page of this thread says "only Libstagefright video acceleration is working. MediaCodec acceleration should be disabled". which makes me believe this version is not as good playback as SPMC. Is this information still valid ? if so why is it not mentioned in wiki ?

It takes me few minutes to install Gotham and test. However its just for new comers....

There is various good tools out there to install XBMC in few simple click. would be good if wiki have links to these:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1700070
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1726540
Fixed it by deleting the entire "stable builds" section :P
So i guess the 1st page need to be modified as well? as its incorrect ?

Thanks a lot appreciate it.

Will upgrade to Gotham Smile
(2014-06-05, 09:19)nero12 Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC Wiki for Amazon Fire TV isn't really helpful

Can someone explain this:

I am currently running SPMC 12.4.2 and its great. I would love to use airplay. so planning to upgrade to gotham. but main page of this thread says "only Libstagefright video acceleration is working. MediaCodec acceleration should be disabled". which makes me believe this version is not as good playback as SPMC. Is this information still valid ? if so why is it not mentioned in wiki ?

Its not mentioned in the wiki because its no longer valid and has been removed.
Does anyone know where confluence skin is located I did a pull from addons folder but it wasnt there. Wanted to modify the VideoDialog.xml to run cinema experience script.
(2014-06-04, 18:03)bunglebungle Wrote: [ -> ]That would be similar to my use case (Myth + HDHRP), and the jerky scroller would irritate me. However, I believe ESPN is 720p, so deinterlacing is not an issue. Maybe scaling? Try sports on CBS or NBC, or the ticker on CNN - they're 1080i.

I resolved this by changing AFTV display settings to 720p 60Hz. I'm not sure why this made a difference since my TV supports 1080p which I believe is the default auto-output format for AFTV. I decided to fiddle around with this setting after doing a factory reset and noticing that the introduction video had some jerkiness in the included clips. In addition, Netflix and Amazon Video streaming showed this slight jerkiness.

In retrospect, perhaps it should have been obvious to me as the XBMC ticker was very jerky when I had display set to Auto. After setting display to 720/60Hz, the ticker became smooth and MPEG2 videos played smoothly. My remaining issues are occasional crashes and lack of de-interlacing support for MPEG2. I'm considering setting up transcoding to H.264 for recorded videos, although I'm hesitant as my mythbackend machine is pretty wimpy.