Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-10, 06:26)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 04:44)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 04:11)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]I sideloaded an app called Llama. It is an automation app similar to Tasker or AuotmateIt. I set XBMC to launch 5 seconds after the box booted up, and it worked just fine. Tasker is more advanced, AutomateIt is easier, and Llama is kind of in the middle. I don't see a 'key' detection on Llama to say, go to the Amazon home when the mic is pressed, and open XBMC when the Home button is pressed, but maybe with Tasker.

This is super exciting....Tasker should be able to do more. It will be great if someone can try Tasker and post a working Tasker script.

I couldn't get the Tasker trial to install, nor do I possess the ability to transfer the secure app anywhere. I played with Llama some more, and can effectively get it to launch XBMC when I press home (though it still shows the Home for a second), and if I played with Android Intent some, could maybe get it to go back to the main XBMC window instead of just where it was last at. Just be careful if you start messing with these kinds of things, and remember that when you are in XBMC, you can use the Programs to launch an Android App if you lock yourself out of the Home...

How did you map home button in LIama? what kind of condition I need to select?
(2014-04-10, 06:26)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 04:44)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 04:11)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]I sideloaded an app called Llama. It is an automation app similar to Tasker or AuotmateIt. I set XBMC to launch 5 seconds after the box booted up, and it worked just fine. Tasker is more advanced, AutomateIt is easier, and Llama is kind of in the middle. I don't see a 'key' detection on Llama to say, go to the Amazon home when the mic is pressed, and open XBMC when the Home button is pressed, but maybe with Tasker.

This is super exciting....Tasker should be able to do more. It will be great if someone can try Tasker and post a working Tasker script.

I couldn't get the Tasker trial to install, nor do I possess the ability to transfer the secure app anywhere. I played with Llama some more, and can effectively get it to launch XBMC when I press home (though it still shows the Home for a second), and if I played with Android Intent some, could maybe get it to go back to the main XBMC window instead of just where it was last at. Just be careful if you start messing with these kinds of things, and remember that when you are in XBMC, you can use the Programs to launch an Android App if you lock yourself out of the Home...

C:\sdk\sdk\platform-tools>adb install tasker.4.0u1.apk
774 KB/s (2103568 bytes in 2.652s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/tasker.4.0u1.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]

C:\sdk\sdk\platform-tools>adb install "t11u2.apk"
772 KB/s (987740 bytes in 1.248s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/t11u2.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]

i cant install tasker either
Apparently over to XDA someone got Tasker working on Kindle but may have to wait for root.
Go to advanced and check confirmation and/or delay of around 9s. When active app>fire tv launcher or amazon fire TV launcher or home (can't remember now)>started or in foreground. You can remove the delay and confirmation when you are comfortable with your set up.

Edit: Just wanted to say that out of the box, the mic button and home button both launch the "Home" app. The voice search appears to be an activity inside the Home app. So that makes it harder to set Home button to load XBMC, and the mic to load Fire TV Home. Hopefully I can get to play around with it some more tonight.
(2014-04-10, 11:52)joeyf Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently over to XDA someone got Tasker working on Kindle but may have to wait for root.

C:\sdk\platform-tools>adb push com.google.android.maps.xml /system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml
failed to copy 'com.google.android.maps.xml' to '/system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml': Read-only file system

looks like we need root first
To discard build issues, could you also test this rebuilt 12.3.3, please: http://filez.semperpax.com/8q6s
I re-ran my tests from yesterday evening and have found them inconsistent. Not sure if it is my network or my lack of experience. As someone new to XBMC, my results are perhaps not the best benchmark. But here's what I got this morning.

Re-Test of xbmc-20140408-492e29a-master-armeabi-v7a.apk
1. 1080p test file (Monsters.mkv) played perfectly with libstagefright and MediaCodec enabled. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKlvx8kt...e=youtu.be (I don't know what all the stats mean, maybe someone can point me to some info on them.)
2. Reset Hardware acceleration and was able to play multiple 720p files fine with the following configurations:
libstagefright and MediaCodec enabled - GOOD
libstagefright disabled and MediaCodec enabled - GOOD
libstagefright and MediaCodec both disabled, software encoding multiple threads enabled - OK

I can't speak to DTS passthrough as I do not have an audio receiver. Sound is stereo from TV only.

I'm not sure what to say about these results or my earlier post. Inconsistent results suggest network issues, but not sure why.

Also, 1080p Monsters .mkv test file plays beautifully on XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2. Will keep testing.
(2014-04-10, 13:30)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]To discard build issues, could you also test this rebuilt 12.3.3, please: http://filez.semperpax.com/8q6s

Works just as good as the original 12.3.3
(2014-04-10, 14:38)jtr2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Re-Test of xbmc-20140408-492e29a-master-armeabi-v7a.apk
1. 1080p test file (Monsters.mkv) played perfectly with libstagefright and MediaCodec enabled. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKlvx8kt...e=youtu.be (I don't know what all the stats mean, maybe someone can point me to some info on them.)

I can't speak to DTS passthrough as I do not have an audio receiver. Sound is stereo from TV only.

I'm not sure what to say about these results or my earlier post. Inconsistent results suggest network issues, but not sure why.

Also, 1080p Monsters .mkv test file plays beautifully on XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2. Will keep testing.

Looks very good from that youtube link, anyone want to test same and dts passthrough?
Hey guys, first post, im a canadian with a fire tv on the way.. been following here and on xda, its looking like auto boot to xbmc has been figured out by sideloading "autopilot.apk" . i cant confirm since i dont have my box yet but maybe someone wants to give it a try.

is it ok to link to that forum? heres the post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...tcount=184
(2014-04-10, 16:11)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, first post, im a canadian with a fire tv on the way.. been following here and on xda, its looking like auto boot to xbmc has been figured out by sideloading "autopilot.apk" . i cant confirm since i dont have my box yet but maybe someone wants to give it a try.

since im the poster and can confirm :-) i got autopilot from my ouya. works great on the fire tv
(2014-04-10, 16:12)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 16:11)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, first post, im a canadian with a fire tv on the way.. been following here and on xda, its looking like auto boot to xbmc has been figured out by sideloading "autopilot.apk" . i cant confirm since i dont have my box yet but maybe someone wants to give it a try.

since im the poster and can confirm :-) i got autopilot from my ouya. works great on the fire tv

good job man!! ive been a long time xbmc user on a PC but i've been thinking about making the jump to an box for a few months, almost pulled the trigger on the xunity ecplipse but im glad i didnt, the firetv is looking like its going to work out well..
(2014-04-10, 16:07)yocoldrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 14:38)jtr2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Re-Test of xbmc-20140408-492e29a-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

Looks very good from that youtube link, anyone want to test same and dts passthrough?

DTS passthrough Works fine with XBMC for OUya 12.3.3

If you go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...ostcount=1
i go by mejdam in xda i list a couple of formats

Video Formats:
720p - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3
1080i - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3
1080p - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3

Audio
DTS: Works (XBMC for Ouya through HDMI and through optical audio)
Dolby Digital: Works (XBMC for Ouya through HDMI and through optical audio)

Loseless Audio: have these options disabled under system - audio - disable DTS-HD and TrueHD else you'll get nothing but static. it will atleast pass it as stereo.
DTS-HD MA: doesnt work with HDMI (in case you are wondering, optical audio doesnt support DTS-HD MA)
TrueHD :doesnt work with HDMI (in case you are wondering, optical audio doesnt support DTS-HD MA)

Bluray Remux (Only on XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2)
AVC, 1080p, High @ 4.1, DTSHD-MA, 5.1 - Video and audio plays fine as long as you disabled DTS-HD passthrough and run as stereo
AVC, 1080p, High @ 4.1, TrueHD, 7.1 - Video and audio plays fine as long as you disabled TrueHD passthrough and run as stereo
VC-1, 1080p, AP@L3, TrueHD, 6 - Video doesnt display but audio will play fine as long as you disabled TrueHD passthrough and run as stereo
(2014-04-10, 16:17)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 16:07)yocoldrain Wrote: [ -> ]

DTS passthrough Works fine with XBMC for OUya 12.3.3

If you go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...ostcount=1
i go by mejdam in xda i list a couple of formats

Video Formats:
720p - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3
1080i - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3
1080p - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3

Audio
DTS: Works (XBMC for Ouya through HDMI and through optical audio)
Dolby Digital: Works (XBMC for Ouya through HDMI and through optical audio)

Loseless Audio: have these options disabled under system - audio - disable DTS-HD and TrueHD else you'll get nothing but static. it will atleast pass it as stereo.
DTS-HD MA: doesnt work with HDMI (in case you are wondering, optical audio doesnt support DTS-HD MA)
TrueHD :doesnt work with HDMI (in case you are wondering, optical audio doesnt support DTS-HD MA)

Bluray Remux (Only on XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2)
AVC, 1080p, High @ 4.1, DTSHD-MA, 5.1 - Video and audio plays fine as long as you disabled DTS-HD passthrough and run as stereo
AVC, 1080p, High @ 4.1, TrueHD, 7.1 - Video and audio plays fine as long as you disabled TrueHD passthrough and run as stereo
VC-1, 1080p, AP@L3, TrueHD, 6 - Video doesnt display but audio will play fine as long as you disabled TrueHD passthrough and run as stereo

thanks Diego, but i was talking about "xbmc-20140408-492e29a-master-armeabi-v7a.apk" which JTR re-tested with good results.
(2014-04-10, 16:07)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 13:30)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]To discard build issues, could you also test this rebuilt 12.3.3, please: http://filez.semperpax.com/8q6s

Works just as good as the original 12.3.3
Good! That reduces the culprits to 3 commits Smile