Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was thinking about installing Aeon MQ5 later. Anybody using the Fire TV with a Skin other than Confluence? Can it keep up with some of the more powerful skins?
(2014-04-14, 22:50)ktrdsl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Was thinking about installing Aeon MQ5 later. Anybody using the Fire TV with a Skin other than Confluence? Can it keep up with some of the more powerful skins?

I'm using Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) and it's plenty fast.
I tried multiple skins, Neon is my go to but I haven't added the repo for it yet. Amber seemed to slow it down a bit, and Hybrib slowed it down significantly. The new Black Glass (not sure if that is the full name) works well though and seems to be a mid level skin on resources.
(2014-04-14, 16:54)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-14, 16:49)fanofanne Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen some discussion on deinterlacing performance - especially as related to 1080i MPEG 2 TS. Any reason why these options are not included in the android builds? I tried to research the reasons why, but couldn't get good information.
As MPEG2 is not h/w accelerated, you should be able to specify deinterlacing settings in the video playback menu.
Is it not the case? If so, please provide a screenshot of the settings menu + log, please.

The deinterlace options were completely greyed out for me in all three versions, Ouya, SMPC, and the Gotham apk you posted.

I will get a pic tonight when I get home from work.

FYI I'm using NextPVR as my backend and an HD Homerun Dual tuner for OTA broadcasts.
Decided to give it a try and the download stalls out at 99%. Anybody else have this problem?
(2014-04-14, 23:09)ktrdsl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to give it a try and the download stalls out at 99%. Anybody else have this problem?

It does that to me sometimes. Relaunching XBMC did the trick for me.
(2014-04-14, 22:50)ktrdsl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Was thinking about installing Aeon MQ5 later. Anybody using the Fire TV with a Skin other than Confluence? Can it keep up with some of the more powerful skins?

I am running the first version of SPMC posted with Aeon MQ5 and it's smooth. Video playback is smooth (10GB Gravity mkv file at 1080p, I think). And I'm running it on 5GHZ N.

Also running on an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ HTPC that I've had for a couple of years and a Surface Pro2

But I'm a complete noob if it's not already obvious. I've only been messing with XBMC for about a month. I was in the process of looking for the best streaming box and was about to pull the trigger on a GBox Midnight. I ordered the Fire TV as soon as I saw this thread start and have been following ever since. I have tried the Ouya and the originally posted Gotham builds. The SPMC build worked right off the bat and I haven't had a reason to try anything further. So far, it's played everything that I need it to.
(2014-04-14, 23:09)ktrdsl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to give it a try and the download stalls out at 99%. Anybody else have this problem?

Really strange. It still didn't work so I uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC. The first time I downloaded it at 99% it installed a bunch of add-ons. It then finished up but didn't give me the wizard to switch. I went to change the skin but it wasn't there to switch over. If I try to download it again it goes through but the Skin doesn't appear in my list to switch over to. Has anybody installed a new skin on the latest Gotham test build?

I need to head out now but I'll try it later and see if it works. Thanks.
(2014-04-14, 23:36)ktrdsl23 Wrote: [ -> ]

Really strange. It still didn't work so I uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC. The first time I downloaded it at 99% it installed a bunch of add-ons. It then finished up but didn't give me the wizard to switch. I went to change the skin but it wasn't there to switch over. If I try to download it again it goes through but the Skin doesn't appear in my list to switch over to. Has anybody installed a new skin on the latest Gotham test build?

I need to head out now but I'll try it later and see if it works. Thanks.

See my post above, that is on the latest Gotham test build.

If you can't get it to download you can download it to your PC and then use "Install from zip". You can't use a USB drive, but you can either "adb push" it to the Fire TV or you can use SMB or NFS to install it.
MQ5 downloads ok, but wont start for me on the gotham build, just hangs at the starting screen. Runs fine on spmc. Am using Ace on gotham, has no problems at all
What about Aeon Nox ?
(2014-04-15, 00:31)Netix Wrote: [ -> ]What about Aeon Nox ?

ReallyHuh? Scroll up!
Aeon Nox works, but is a bit sluggish on Frodo for me. Haven't tried Gotham yet... do most video add-ons work with this?
How are people using NextPVR? I can't get my xbmc to see the server on my computer. I can get it set up on the same host.
(2014-04-15, 00:42)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-15, 00:31)Netix Wrote: [ -> ]What about Aeon Nox ?

ReallyHuh? Scroll up!

Oops.. my bad :/